Is Bigfoot Real? Jane Goodall Weighs In

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary: Originally posted by Ivan Seeking I don't want to be argumentative, but do you really need to rule out such a claim?Nope. Screw ruling out everything. Until a weird hairy freak crawls out of the forest carrying a sixcty-five million year old club, it's pretty much irrelevent. Same as all that god stuff. It's a superstition, a theory some people have, like ghosts and telepathy and other things. There's not much solid data, or none, so I stuff it all in the Undecided tray and forget about it. There are more interesting things to focus on, such as the universe we can observe and interact with.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
A pretty good story about one definite hoaxer revealed. Long load so low speed users beware.
CBS News - rm format

One interesting fact from this clip: Jane Goodall believes bigfoot is real.

Physics news on Phys.org
We needed CBS to tell us bigfoot isn't real?

How long will people hold to the possibility of bigfoot, thousands of years? Bigfoot is immortal, not because he lives or ever lived, but because he is just like Santa to a child. No disputing the existence of bigfoot will ever prove fruitful, he will never die.

Originally posted by kyle_soule
We needed CBS to tell us bigfoot isn't real?

How long will people hold to the possibility of bigfoot, thousands of years? Bigfoot is immortal, not because he lives or ever lived, but because he is just like Santa to a child. No disputing the existence of bigfoot will ever prove fruitful, he will never die.

I have no strong opinions on this subject either way, but I was wondering, why do you?

Originally posted by Ivan Seeking
I have no strong opinions on this subject either way, but I was wondering, why do you?

Hm...I don't consider it a strong opinion, just a distaste for the foolishness of them, every culture has a 'bigfoot', they are all humorous.

Originally posted by kyle_soule
Hm...I don't consider it a strong opinion, just a distaste for the foolishness of them, every culture has a 'bigfoot', they are all humorous.

The rewards of researching weird stuff [as a hobby] come in three distinct flavors: Thrilling if true, fascinating if mysterious, and completely amusing if bogus.

Heheh very true indeed!

I love the X-Files and naturally I have the poster that says

"I want to believe"

up on my wall, right next to my picture of the northern hemisphere constellations:smile:

I wouldn't mind tasting one of those things.

Anyway, my point was that there are real examples of the past popping up from nowhere. I suggest it is possible that some waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay-back type of hominid may be wandering about out there somewhere, and may be discovered by us eventually. I find it extremely unlikely, but unless someone here is omniscient, I don't see how it can be 100% ruled out.

Originally posted by Adam
I wouldn't mind tasting one of those things.

Anyway, my point was that there are real examples of the past popping up from nowhere. I suggest it is possible that some waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay-back type of hominid may be wandering about out there somewhere, and may be discovered by us eventually. I find it extremely unlikely, but unless someone here is omniscient, I don't see how it can be 100% ruled out.

I don't want to be argumentative, but do you really need to rule out such a claim?

Nope. Screw ruling out everything. Until a weird hairy freak crawls out of the forest carrying a sixcty-five million year old club, it's pretty much irrelevent. Same as all that god stuff. It's a superstition, a theory some people have, like ghosts and telepathy and other things. There's not much solid data, or none, so I stuff it all in the Undecided tray and forget about it. There are more interesting things to focus on, such as the universe we can observe and interact with.

Who am I to argue with Jane Goodall? I'll stick with the scientist on this one.

What evidence was found to reveal the Bigfoot hoax?

The evidence that revealed the Bigfoot hoax included a video showing the supposed Bigfoot walking in a costume and a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the video.

Who was behind the Bigfoot hoax?

The Bigfoot hoax was orchestrated by a group of individuals who wanted to create a viral video for their YouTube channel.

Why did it take so long for the Bigfoot hoax to be revealed?

It took a while for the Bigfoot hoax to be exposed because the group behind it had initially claimed that the video was real, and it gained a lot of attention and media coverage before the truth came out.

What impact did the Bigfoot hoax have on the scientific community?

The Bigfoot hoax brought attention to the issue of fake evidence in the scientific community and highlighted the importance of thoroughly examining and verifying evidence before drawing conclusions.

Will this revelation discredit any previous claims of Bigfoot sightings?

While this particular Bigfoot sighting was proven to be a hoax, it does not necessarily discredit all previous claims of Bigfoot sightings. Each claim should be evaluated on its own merit and evidence.