What's the deal with the ending of 24 season one?

• Thread starter LogicalAtheist
  • Start date
  • Tags
    watch
In summary, the conversation is about the TV show "24" and its first season finale. The participants are discussing their confusion about the ending and whether it will lead into the next season. They also mention the show's popularity and potential spoilers. Ultimately, it is concluded that the ending of the first season sets up the plot for the second season.
LogicalAtheist
Anyone watch "24"

Did anyone see the season finale of 24? WTF?

Did anyone see the first season? Did the end of the first season mix with the second season? Because now I'm freakin' confused. Why did they end it that way, unless the next season picks right up there?

Anyone at all? Tell me all you know, I'm confused!

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm sorry but...

I've never heard of that one before tonight. But then I haven't seen the first Matrix movie either, and was informed it has been out for something like four years now!
...I could have sworn I had seen advertisements for it only a few months ago, oh boy!

Are you talking about the finale of the first season? I know it's somewhere near the last few of the second in the US. Half-way through the second here - it's one of the best new things in the last few years without doubt. Second series has a new plot, a new main storyline. Life goes on for Jack :wink:
edit: LogicalAtheist, you're probably talking about the second series, so I'm going to stay out the thread to avoid spoilers :smile:

Last edited:
I won't tell any spoilers. What I wondered was if the first season had the same characters and all. I never knew but now I do.

So knowing that the end of the second is ok with me. I just thought that if it was the end of the "story" it was well, jesus almost pointless.

I'm not talking about the outcome, I mean literally just the independant last 30 seconds. There's something that happens in the very last couple of seconds which is so dammed profound.

But now I get it - next season will begin there. Cool. So I look forward to seeing it next season!

What is the premise of "24"?

"24" is a television series that follows the events of a single day in the life of Counter Terrorist Unit (CTU) agent Jack Bauer as he races against time to stop various terrorist threats and save innocent lives.

Who are the main characters in "24"?

The main character of "24" is Jack Bauer, played by Kiefer Sutherland. Other important characters include President David Palmer, CTU Director George Mason, and Jack's daughter Kim Bauer.

How many seasons of "24" are there?

There are a total of 9 seasons of "24". The original series aired from 2001 to 2010, and a revival series titled "24: Live Another Day" aired in 2014.

Is "24" based on real events?

"24" is a fictional series and is not based on specific real events. However, it does incorporate themes and situations that reflect real-world political and social issues.

What is the format of each episode of "24"?

Each episode of "24" covers one hour in real-time, with the entire season spanning a 24-hour period. This unique format adds to the tension and fast-paced nature of the show.