Find Out the Most Popular Computer Resolution with Our Resolution Poll!

In summary, the conversation is about computer users discussing their preferred resolution settings and how to view them on a Windows computer. Some users prefer higher resolutions for maximum information on the screen, while others prefer a more comfortable and easily readable middle ground. Lower resolutions are also mentioned as options for older or slower machines.

What OS resolution do you use?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 25.0%

Votes: 4 33.3%

Votes: 1 8.3%

Votes: 2 16.7%

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
LogicalAtheist
I have some questions about computer users settings and specs, so I'll use here as my audience, if it isn't minded.

For this one, I'm curious as to what resolution people use.

If you use windows here is how to see it:

1. Right click on your empty desktop
2. Select properties
3. click the settings tab
4. near the button is a scroll button. under it, it says ___ by ___ pixels.

Since the second number has more options per the first one, please vote on what the first number is. thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
If you're interested...
I voted 1152 because that's what I'm using right now, however I usually use 1280 when I have my good monitor. (Darn thing is just too big for my current desk.)

1600x1200 all the way...if your monitor can hit it, why not use it? Max info on the screen at one time, and if text is too small, you can always bump the size up.

Currently 1024, nice middle of the road, comfortable to read, size that shows most of the work area on most of the programs I use and doesn't tax my graphics card too heavily. Same setting at home and work. Lower (800) on my laptop.

Depending on the computer I use either 800x600 (favored) or 640x480 (older, slower machines).

1. What is the purpose of the resolution poll?

The purpose of the resolution poll is to gather data on the most popular computer resolutions used by our audience. This information can be used for various purposes such as website design, content formatting, and marketing strategies.

2. How accurate are the results of the resolution poll?

The accuracy of the results depends on the number of people who participate in the poll. The more people that participate, the more accurate the results will be. We encourage a large number of participants to get the most accurate data.

3. Can I see the results of the resolution poll?

Yes, the results of the resolution poll will be shared publicly on our website. We believe in transparency and want to share the data with our audience.

4. How often will the resolution poll be conducted?

The resolution poll will be conducted periodically to gather updated data on the most popular computer resolutions. The frequency of the poll may vary depending on the changes in technology and the number of participants.

5. Can I suggest a resolution to be included in the poll?

Yes, we welcome suggestions for resolutions to be included in the poll. You can send us your suggestions through our contact page and we will consider adding them to the poll in the future.