Archimedes principle and relativity

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of a relativistic version of Archimedes' Principle and its applicability to fluid action on Earth. It is suggested that using energy instead of mass and a relativistic perfect fluid may negate the original question. The concept of buoyancy pressure in the fabric of spacetime is also brought up in relation to hydrostatic equilibrium in the interior of a neutron star.
zarei
Is there any relativistic version for Archimedes principle?

Physics news on Phys.org
I suppose such might exist if you want to get really weird about it, but relativistic effects have essentially no bearing upon any kind of Earth-bound fluid action. How often does something at a speed approaching c fall into a bathtub?

Suppose instesd of mass we use energy and our fliud be a relativistic perfect fluid.

zarei said:
Suppose instesd of mass we use energy and our fliud be a relativistic perfect fluid.

That sort of negates the original question, since such can't exist. I'm getting out of my depth here, so I'm going to wait for someone with a better education to respond.

zarei said:

wouldn' t is kinda be hard for the energy to displace the water? o_O then again, I'm not einstein so i dunno.

gravity = archimedes principle.

the fabric of spacetime replaces the water in this pple. in the universe there is no up or down, therefore the buyoyancy pressure takes place everywhere around matter until matter becomes spherical.

One needs an analog of Archimedes' Principle to discuss hydrostatic equilibrium in the interior of a neutron star.

What is Archimedes' principle?

Archimedes' principle, also known as the law of buoyancy, states that the buoyant force acting on an object in a fluid is equal to the weight of the fluid that the object displaces.

How does Archimedes' principle relate to relativity?

Archimedes' principle is a fundamental law of physics that is still applicable in the theory of relativity. It helps explain the behavior of objects in fluids, which is important in understanding the effects of gravity and the curvature of space-time.

What is the formula for calculating buoyancy force?

The formula for calculating buoyancy force is Fb = ρVg, where Fb is the buoyant force, ρ is the density of the fluid, V is the volume of the fluid displaced by the object, and g is the acceleration due to gravity.

How is Archimedes' principle used in everyday life?

Archimedes' principle is used in many everyday applications such as shipbuilding, swimming, and hot air balloons. It also plays a role in the design of submarines, submarines, and other underwater vehicles.

What is the relationship between Archimedes' principle and the law of conservation of energy?

Archimedes' principle is closely related to the law of conservation of energy. The principle states that the buoyant force acting on an object is equal to the weight of the fluid displaced, which means that energy is conserved in this process. This principle is also used in hydroelectric power generation and other energy-related applications.