Contradiction on electric field ?

In summary, the conversation discusses the equation E(t) = kq(t) and its implications for a constant current. It is pointed out that dq/dt is not equivalent to current and that if the charge is increased indefinitely, the electric field would blow up at t=infinity.
amrice
Hello, I'm have just started on this subject, and I am confused with the following equation:

since E(t) = kq(t)

=> [tex]\frac{dE}{dt}[/tex] = k [tex]\frac{dq}{dt}[/tex] = k*I

=> E = [tex]\int(kIdt)[/tex]

so if there is a constant current, wouldn't my electric field blow up??

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi amrice, welcome to PF
amrice said:
E(t) = kq(t)
What is this equation? I have never seen it before.

Hmmm, it seems that you have defined current improperly. The situation you described is if you had a point charge somewhere in space at t=0, you'd have some electric field from that point charge. Your dq/dt is equivalent to somehow magically increasing the charge of that point charge, which is unphysical and not current. But yes, if you could magically increase the charge indefinitely, the electric field would blow up at t=infinity.

1. What is a contradiction on electric field?

A contradiction on electric field occurs when two or more statements or principles about electric fields are in direct opposition to each other, making them incompatible or impossible to reconcile.

2. How can a contradiction on electric field be identified?

A contradiction on electric field can be identified by carefully examining the principles or statements in question and determining if they contradict each other in terms of their fundamental definitions or assumptions.

3. What are some common examples of contradictions on electric field?

One common example of a contradiction on electric field is the idea that two parallel wires carrying current in opposite directions will either attract or repel each other, depending on the direction of the current. Another example is the concept of electric potential energy, which can be seen as a contradiction between the conservative forces of electric charges and the non-conservative nature of electric fields.

4. How are contradictions on electric field resolved?

Contradictions on electric field can be resolved by carefully examining the underlying assumptions and principles, and finding a way to reconcile them or eliminate the contradiction. This may involve revising or refining existing theories or developing new ones.

5. Are contradictions on electric field common in scientific research?

Yes, contradictions on electric field are common in scientific research as new discoveries and advancements can often challenge existing theories and principles. However, these contradictions also provide opportunities for further investigation and a deeper understanding of the subject.