Can Skin Cells Merge After Finger Injury?

• Thread starter Chitose
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of cells merging together after a wound heals, using the example of skin and muscle healing together. There is also mention of this concept being used in plastic surgery and other medical procedures. The topic of cells merging between different individuals is also brought up, with the idea that it might not work due to immune system reactions.
Chitose
Hello, Chitose wonder chick again.

I don't know which word I should use so I just use 'stick'

I know it's sound silly but...

If we tear skin between finger out and tie it up flesh to flesh. does cell between two finger going to merge together after wound are heal?

Biology news on Phys.org
Hello chitose.I think they could merge together.Didn't some of the earliest(and presently used)plastic surgery techniques work on this principle?

So, Our cell can merge Just like we engraft the plant?

well... what if between two different people? is it going to stick? or have some negative effect?.

Chitose said:
So, Our cell can merge Just like we engraft the plant?

well... what if between two different people? is it going to stick? or have some negative effect?.

Generally, I'd expect the two immune systems to attack each other. But perhaps with identical twins?

They would stick together. A similar thing happened to me:
After I had surgery to remove my appendix, they cut through my skin and through the muscle to get to it. After it healed, the skin and muscle healed together. Now where my scar is, the skin is stuck to the muscle.

Yes they can. This is a technique also cleverly used in various surgeries such as modified osteo-odonto keratoprosthesis, a very dramatic eye operation where a tooth is implanted in the eye to restore the vision!

1. Why do fingers stick together?

Fingers can stick together due to the natural oils and sweat on our skin. When these oils and sweat come into contact with each other, they can create a sticky feeling.

2. How can I prevent my fingers from sticking together?

To prevent fingers from sticking together, you can try washing your hands frequently, using lotion or hand cream to keep your skin moisturized, or using talcum powder to absorb excess moisture.

3. Is it normal for fingers to stick together?

Yes, it is normal for fingers to stick together occasionally, especially when they are wet or when there is excess moisture on the skin. However, if your fingers are constantly sticking together, it may be a sign of a skin condition or excessive sweating.

4. Can finger stickiness be a sign of a health problem?

In most cases, finger stickiness is not a sign of a health problem. However, if your fingers are constantly sticking together and you are experiencing other symptoms such as excessive sweating or skin irritation, it is best to consult a doctor for a proper diagnosis.

5. How can I unstick my fingers?

If your fingers are stuck together, you can try using soap and warm water to gently wash them off. If that does not work, you can also try using a little bit of oil, such as coconut or olive oil, to help loosen the sticky feeling.