Photo Contest: Join the Fun on Nov 13!

In summary, the PF Photo Contest will be restarted this coming Saturday, Nov. 13, 2010 in conjunction with the New Year's celebration. The contest will have a new theme each week and the first theme is "https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=449688". The voting for last week's contest has started and the winner will be announced on Friday, Nov. 19.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Hello Everyone!

We are reviving the PF Photo Contest!

Thanks to Andre for hosting it the past year. The PF Photo Contest will continue with its usual rules, and will continue in its current forum, which is the https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=198" [Broken] forum. However, to make sure people are aware of the contest, and to drum up extra publicity for it, we will have this sticky thread in the General Discussion forum to remind everyone of the new weekly contest and when the voting starts.

Our contest will restart this coming Saturday, Nov. 13, 2010. I hope that we get all the regular participants from the previous contests, and new ones to challenge the old guards. So take out your trusted camera, and start snapping away. You'll never know which of your pictures will be just right for the photo contest theme of the week!

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Yay! Way to go! Can't wait to see PFers creative pics.

Last edited:
Kewl. I just bought a new camera that actually takes pictures!

If the subject is squirrels, I'm all set!

Two more days before the resurrection of our PF Photo Contest in the Fun, Photos & Games forum. What would the first theme be? Would involve birds? Squirrels? Or would it even have any moving parts?

Zz.

If the theme is "baby bunny eating a blade of grass", I might have an entry.

I may have an entry in the category "beautiful girl in a simple white dress on a unsaddled horse in a backlight setting".

Oh, the anticipation is killing me!

No, not the anticipation of reviving the PF Photo Contest. Rather, it is who will have the honors of being the FIRST person to post a picture consistent with the theme for our resurrected contest! And no, it won't be me, because obviously, that would be an fair.

In less than 24 hours, our PF Photo Contest will be back in the Fun, Photos & Games forum. Check it out!

Zz.

I'm Ready! :tongue2: [with the help of my caffeined drinks]

But what time exactly you're going to post the first photo contest? And why won't you tell, what would it be about, you know it'll help those who'd like to post a good pic FIRST. :biggrin:

One word: Yay!

One word and two exclamation marks, I guess.

nice~~!

Evo said:
If the theme is "baby bunny eating a blade of grass", I might have an entry.

Awesome! My bunny similarly eats her leafy greens all in one go as if slurping up a noodle XD
Here she is riding her dinosaur =P

Attachments

• Snapshot_20110307_6.jpg
    Snapshot_20110307_6.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 341
<h2>1. What is the purpose of the photo contest on Nov 13?</h2><p>The photo contest on Nov 13 is a fun and engaging way for people to showcase their photography skills and creativity.</p><h2>2. Who can participate in the photo contest?</h2><p>Anyone can participate in the photo contest, as long as they follow the rules and guidelines set by the organizers.</p><h2>3. How do I submit my photos for the contest?</h2><p>To submit your photos for the contest, you can either upload them on the designated website or send them via email to the organizers.</p><h2>4. What are the prizes for the photo contest?</h2><p>The prizes for the photo contest may vary, but they can include cash prizes, gift cards, or photography-related items.</p><h2>5. Can I submit multiple photos for the contest?</h2><p>Yes, you can submit multiple photos for the contest, but make sure to follow the submission guidelines and only submit your best work.</p>

1. What is the purpose of the photo contest on Nov 13?

The photo contest on Nov 13 is a fun and engaging way for people to showcase their photography skills and creativity.

2. Who can participate in the photo contest?

Anyone can participate in the photo contest, as long as they follow the rules and guidelines set by the organizers.

3. How do I submit my photos for the contest?

To submit your photos for the contest, you can either upload them on the designated website or send them via email to the organizers.

4. What are the prizes for the photo contest?

The prizes for the photo contest may vary, but they can include cash prizes, gift cards, or photography-related items.

5. Can I submit multiple photos for the contest?

Yes, you can submit multiple photos for the contest, but make sure to follow the submission guidelines and only submit your best work.