Scripting geometry in ansys workbench

In summary, to create a script geometry for a pipe conveyor, you will need to first set up the material, element type, and real constants. Then, define the geometry using kpoints and lines. Finally, mesh the geometry and run the calculation.
00sorty00
How to create a script geometry.
Is it possible?
some type?
I need to create a script to pipe conveyor.
After entering the input data is created geometry.

pls help me

Engineering news on Phys.org
Hi

Please, find a example hereafter:

/prep7
csys,0 !default coordinate system
!first create material + type + real constante
mp,1 !"mp" command to complete
et,1,pipe16 !here i chose pipe old element type 16 of version 5.1 (but sometimes I used it for v12 or v14)
r,1,... !"r" command to complete

!now the geometry - pipe 1 meter length
k,1, !"k"command for kpoint kp1 (0,0,0)
k,2,1, !kp2 (1,0,0)
L,1,2 !line geometry

!meshing
lesize,...!number of elements or length for one element pipe
latt,1,1,1

What is scripting geometry in ANSYS Workbench?

Scripting geometry in ANSYS Workbench refers to the process of using a programming language, such as APDL or Python, to create and manipulate geometric entities within the ANSYS Workbench environment. This allows for more advanced and automated geometry creation and modification compared to using the graphical user interface.

What are the benefits of scripting geometry in ANSYS Workbench?

Scripting geometry in ANSYS Workbench has several benefits, including increased efficiency and accuracy in geometry creation, the ability to handle complex geometries, and the ability to easily make changes and modifications to the geometry.

What programming languages can be used for scripting geometry in ANSYS Workbench?

The two main programming languages that can be used for scripting geometry in ANSYS Workbench are APDL (ANSYS Parametric Design Language) and Python. APDL is the traditional language used in ANSYS, while Python is a newer option that offers more advanced capabilities.

Can scripting geometry in ANSYS Workbench be used for any type of analysis?

Yes, scripting geometry in ANSYS Workbench can be used for a wide range of analyses, including structural, thermal, fluid, and electromagnetic analyses. It allows for the creation of complex geometry that may be difficult to create using the graphical user interface.

Is scripting geometry in ANSYS Workbench suitable for beginners?

Scripting geometry in ANSYS Workbench may be more challenging for beginners compared to using the graphical user interface. However, there are many resources and tutorials available to help beginners learn how to script geometry in ANSYS Workbench.