Why Do My Feet Smell So Terrible?

• Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Smell
In summary, this person's feet smell bad, and they think that it's because her dad has bad feet odor.
JamesU
Gold Member
YYYEEECCCHH! My feet smell like crap :yuck:

Physics news on Phys.org
Hey, what's going on in here? What's that smell?

Oh, it's just yomamma again.
Wasn't stoned the one that didn't take a shower all last week? We should take you two and lock you up in this thread. Whoever comes out alive is the winner.

No shower, foot odor, no shower, foot odor, no... pretty hard to say who'd die

Was it mattmns who had the stinky shoes? Maybe yomamma could borrow them to cover up the foot odor. :rofl:

Maybe somebody knows this one. I have heard that body odor problems can indicate a potassium deficiency. So if your feet stink, make a like a chimp and eat bananas?

This site suggests zinc as a folk remedy.
http://www.health911.com/remedies/rem_foot.htm

Estrogen dominance, often caused by petrochemical products, may trigger the earlier puberty. Drinking sodas out of plastic bottles is one of the leading causes of estrogen dominance.
I just thought this was funny.

okay guys, i took shower because of my roomate, i have to say it feels not bad, but i have same problem as yomamma, my feet just rot. :frown:
Ivan seeking, I eat loads of bannanas nothing helps.

I'ts terrible isn't it?

I think get it from my dad's feet. even worse, :yuck: but he uses odor eaters and it works :approve:

yomamma said:
I'ts terrible isn't it?

I think get it from my dad's feet. even worse, :yuck: but he uses odor eaters and it works :approve:
Are your feet sweaty?

My daughter has always had sweaty feet, I nicknamed her "puddlefoot" when she was a baby. As a result, her shoes start to stick in no time.

Some things you can do -

wear cotton socks, a new pair at least once a day, maybe twice

shoes that "breathe", no synthetic material

don't wear the same pair of shoes more than two days in a row and you need to let them completely dry out between wearings and this won't happen overnight

a good foot powder and maybe a foot antiperspirant

Odor Origins

Foul feet can often be traced to bacteria. The warm, moist environment inside shoes--especially athletic shoes--promotes bacterial growth on the feet. Two of the most common sources of stench are corynebacteria and micrococci. Successful treatment of foot odor depends on eradicating these organisms. This means that odor-fighting measures like activated-charcoal shoe inserts and foot powders don't get to the root of the problem.
http://www.physsportsmed.com/issues/1996/08_96/odor.htm

Some good suggestions on that site, in addition to those Evo mentioned, for treating foot odor, especially if showering doesn't get rid of the odor.

Or move to Oregon where half the population wears sandles - Birkenstocks, of course. :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:
Or move to Oregon where half the population wears sandles - Birkenstocks, of course. :biggrin:

Or move someplace warmer so you can go barefoot or wear sandals without your feet freezing off! I love going barefoot! You have to let your feet breathe. The only one in my family with stinky feet is my mom, and she's also the one who refuses to ever go barefoot, so wears shoes from when she wakes up until she gets ready for bed.

I never wear shoes unless I have to. That might be why my feet are so wide.

feet are gross... yuckiest thread ever... :yuck:

Do you want to smell my feet?

Feet are not gross.

yomamma said:
Feet are not gross.
You haven't seen mine. I have a wide foot and tiny toes. :eek:

Evo said:
You haven't seen mine. I have a wide foot and tiny toes. :eek:
Evo feet-gross
normal feet-not gross

Gale17 said:
feet are gross... yuckiest thread ever... :yuck:

These girls disagree with you:

http://www.picturedevil.com/toe-licking-honeys/sexy-foot-fetish.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
loseyourname said:
These girls disagree with you:

http://www.picturedevil.com/toe-licking-honeys/sexy-foot-fetish.jpg
[/URL]

That is just wrong. :yuck:

infinitetime said:
That is just wrong. :yuck:

agreed... eww.. feet are icky! i had a guy who was into sucking my toes once... that was still icky... i was like "why?!?" ewww.

Gale17 said:
agreed... eww.. feet are icky! i had a guy who was into sucking my toes once... that was still icky... i was like "why?!?" ewww.
That's weird. There are a lot of people that love feet and love touching them :yuck: :confused: :bugeye: :tongue2:

Of course it's wrong,it doesn't fit into her mouth...

Morale of the story:OPEN WIDE !:tongue2:

Daniel.

I kind of love touching (and kissing, and sucking on) every part of a woman's body. Skin is skin, and as long as it is clean, who cares where it is? The thing I don't understand is why anyone would have a particular aversion to any given body part.

dextercioby said:
Of course it's wrong,it doesn't fit into her mouth...

Morale of the story:OPEN WIDE !:tongue2:

Daniel.
http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_sep_2001/PoolBallMouth.jpg

http://homepages.wmich.edu/~r3marshb/Open%20Wide.JPG

loseyourname said:
I kind of love touching (and kissing, and sucking on) every part of a woman's body. Skin is skin, and as long as it is clean, who cares where it is? The thing I don't understand is why anyone would have a particular aversion to any given body part.
hmmmmm... point taken... smelly dirty feet definately gross though

That is gross...Feet licking is fun...:wink:

Daniel.

Last edited:
Gale17 said:

That is called fetish.And that is sign of a ummm...mental disorder. :uhh:

The line is rather thin,but anyway...

Daniel.

yomamma said:
That's weird. There are a lot of people that love feet and love touching them
I hate feet... my own and everybody elses. Loseyourname, you bugger, I'm glad I'd finished my supper before I saw that picture. It almost made me sick. :yuck:

Is it time for a comparison of TOEs? Is the world ready for that?

Gale17 said:

Well, as I said, I think smelly dirty feet are gross by virtue of being smelly and dirty, not by virtue of being feet. Any body part that is smelly and dirty I find to be gross (although, even in this case, the mouth is the dirtiest part of the human body, yet most people have no aversion to kissing). Feet that are clean I do not find to be gross, unless they're fat or ugly or something else, but again, they are not gross simply by virtue of being feet.

I can see that not everyone agrees with me. There are plenty of people out there who seem to feel that feet are just inherently gross. Baffles me, but whatever.

These feet are not dirty but I still find them gross :yuck:
laced_feet.jpg

loseyourname said:
I can see that not everyone agrees with me. There are plenty of people out there who seem to feel that feet are just inherently gross. Baffles me, but whatever.

Yeah, I don't understand that either. As long as they are washed and odor-free, I see nothing any more icky about a foot than a hand or any other part of the body for that matter.

1. Why do my feet smell so terrible?

There are several reasons why your feet may have a strong odor. One common cause is sweat, as your feet have many sweat glands and can produce a lot of sweat. This sweat can mix with bacteria on your skin, causing a foul smell. Other factors that can contribute to smelly feet include wearing tight or non-breathable shoes, poor hygiene, and certain medical conditions.

2. How can I prevent my feet from smelling bad?

There are several steps you can take to prevent or reduce foot odor. These include practicing good hygiene by washing your feet daily with soap and water, wearing clean socks made of breathable materials, and changing your shoes regularly. You can also try using foot powders or antiperspirant sprays to help keep your feet dry and reduce odor-causing bacteria.

3. Are there any home remedies for smelly feet?

Yes, there are some home remedies that may help reduce foot odor. These include soaking your feet in a mixture of warm water and vinegar, using essential oils like tea tree or peppermint, and applying baking soda to your feet before putting on socks and shoes. However, if your foot odor is persistent, it's best to consult a doctor for proper treatment.

4. Can certain foods make my feet smell worse?

While there is no direct link between food and foot odor, some foods can cause your sweat to smell stronger, which can contribute to foot odor. These include foods with strong odors like garlic and onions, as well as spicy foods. Additionally, consuming excessive amounts of alcohol or caffeine can cause your body to produce more sweat, leading to a stronger foot odor.

5. When should I see a doctor about my smelly feet?

If you have tried various home remedies and are still experiencing persistent foot odor, it may be a sign of an underlying medical condition. It's best to see a doctor if your foot odor is accompanied by other symptoms such as excessive sweating, itching, or skin changes. They can help diagnose and treat any underlying issues that may be causing your feet to smell.