doc1737
Jan4-14, 03:13 PM
P: 3
Click image for larger version

Name:	pic on fbook.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	65355

hi i am not a physicist, i am not even sure if this is physics related, and sorry if i haven't posted this in correct place!
just out of curiosity was wondering if this makes sense?
this guy i know posted this diagram, just wondering if anyone could tell me if they know what it is if it even makes sense.

thanks

Doc
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
The hemihelix: Scientists discover a new shape using rubber bands (w/ video)
Mapping the road to quantum gravity
Chameleon crystals could enable active camouflage (w/ video)
A.T.
Jan4-14, 03:19 PM
P: 3,552
Quote Quote by doc1737 View Post
this guy i know posted this diagram,
Why don't you ask this guy you know to explain what it is?
doc1737
Jan4-14, 03:23 PM
hi , because he is trying to be a smart arse about it , asking , "does anyone understand what they see here", i dont even know if it makes sense and thought he maybe had a bit too much to smoke and done a wee doodle on a bit of paper and is trying to act all super intelligent.

phinds
Jan4-14, 03:27 PM
PF Gold
P: 5,715

Can anyone explain this?

hi , because he is trying to be a smart arse about it , asking , "does anyone understand what they see here", i dont even know if it makes sense and thought he maybe had a bit too much to smoke and done a wee doodle on a bit of paper and is trying to act all super intelligent.
And you care about all this, why ?
doc1737
Jan4-14, 03:30 PM
i just wanted to find out if the diagram made any sense
phinds
Jan4-14, 03:58 PM
PF Gold
P: 5,715
i just wanted to find out if the diagram made any sense
Well, it undoubtedly makes sense to HIM, but it certainly is not any kind of standard world line diagram, although I suspect that's what he thinks he's drawing.
Chestermiller
Jan4-14, 03:59 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
Thanks
PF Gold
P: 4,505
It looks like it involves some Block Universe kinds of features, but there are some other aspects of the figure that I'm not familiar with. If you are interested in Block Universe (or Block Time), look it up on Google.

Chet
Bandersnatch
Jan4-14, 06:20 PM
P: 566
Protip:
1.Draw a tetrahedron.
2.Name some(but not all!) sides as past/present/future as you see fit.
3.Look up some esoteric words re: the general relativity, string theory, or quantum physcis on wikipedia.
4.Copy some wiggles, lines and Important Words from the original picture, while adding those found on the wiki - with an obligatory exclamation mark.
6.Sign it: "Here's how it really works" and make some smug remarks re the other guy's poor understanding of science.
7.Refuse to explain anything until he explains his drawing.
8.Enjoy your sleep of the just.
mrspeedybob
Jan5-14, 05:31 PM
P: 689
Look to me like he found an overly complicated way to draw a time line. That's all it is, it just has a bunch of extra drawing and mumbo-jumbo that he thinks makes him look smart but actually makes it look ridiculous.

Register to reply