Pls respond if you can help regarding QM

• Thread starter mazmaz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Qm
In summary, a new member on a forum requested help with solving problems from the textbook "Introduction to QM" by David J. Griffiths. They were given advice to try solving the problems themselves and to ask for specific help if needed. Some members expressed concern about helping with exam questions, while others advised the member to show their work and provide a general idea of their approach in order to receive assistance. The member apologized for their request and acknowledged that their approach may not have been courteous.
mazmaz
Hi there, iam a new memeber so pls give me a warm welcome.
Actually i am taking an exam in QM and i have been asked to answer some of problems in David J.Griffiths"introduction to QM" as below:

Problems# 4.20, 4.21,4.27.4.28,4.29,4.30,4.31 pages# 150-159
Problems#5.30,6.1,6.2,6.3 pages #218,225,226.

So pls help me to answer or to find answers asap.

Physics news on Phys.org
Why not trying reading the book and trying to do the problems yourself? If you have specific questions, or places where you are stuck, you'll get plenty of help here. On the other hand, if you are just looking for someone to do your work for you...

I wish i could help... But i don't have the book you referred too...and I am sure a lot of other people are thinking the same thing...try to put the question in the post next time...

Why are we supposed to help you on an exam? Isn't that cheating?

This forum doesn't consist of a bunch of nerds just eager to do your homework for you. Usually the best way to get help is to list the problem first, show some work, and give a general idea that you know where you're going. I'm not trying to be rude, I just see it as a matter of courtesy.

sorry, that probably isn't the "warm welcome" you were looking for. My apologies.

Last edited:

1. What is QM?

QM stands for Quantum Mechanics, which is a branch of physics that studies the behavior of particles on a microscopic level. It is a fundamental theory that helps explain the behavior of atoms and subatomic particles.

2. How does QM differ from classical mechanics?

Classical mechanics is the study of motion and forces on a macroscopic scale, while quantum mechanics deals with the behavior of particles on a microscopic scale. QM also introduces the concept of uncertainty, where the exact position and momentum of a particle cannot be simultaneously known.

3. What are the applications of QM?

QM has many practical applications in fields such as electronics, computer technology, and materials science. It is also essential in understanding the behavior of atoms in chemical reactions and the functioning of devices like lasers and transistors.

4. What are some key principles of QM?

Some key principles of QM include superposition, where particles can exist in multiple states simultaneously, and entanglement, where particles can be linked in such a way that the state of one affects the state of the other, even at a distance.

5. Is QM a complete theory?

Some scientists argue that QM is not a complete theory and that there may be underlying principles that we have yet to discover. However, it is currently the most accurate and comprehensive theory we have for understanding the behavior of particles on a microscopic scale.