Maple, plot system of equations, matrix.

In summary, the conversation discussed the difficulty in plotting a series of equations in matrix form using Maple. The desired result was to plot y1, y2, and y3 versus x, where y = [a,b,c] * x + [4,5,6]. The individual equations were shown and the request for assistance was made. The other person mentioned having difficulty opening the attached code and requested information about the version of Maple being used. The person using the program stated they were using Maple 12 and would try to convert the code to an older form.
apc3161
Hello, I have scavenged the internet and have not been able to figure out how to plot a series of equations in matrix form using maple.

for example

y = [a,b,c] * x + [4,5,6]

would be

y1 = a*x + 4
y2 = b*x + 5
y3 = c*x + 6

plot (y1,y2,y3 versus x).

I have attached my actual make code so you can see what I've tried (I put annotations). I'm new to the program, so I'm hoping some veteran out there knows how to do this.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• plot matrices.mw
    76.2 KB · Views: 489
Physics news on Phys.org
Your files does not open in Maple for me. I think the extension is not what my version of Maple (8) expects to see. What version are you using that gives an extension mw?

I'm using maple 12, the latest one I think. I'm about to go to bed now, but will look into how to convert it to an older form in the morning.

1. What is Maple?

Maple is a computer algebra system (CAS) used for mathematical computations, visualization, and programming.

2. How does the plot system work in Maple?

The plot system in Maple allows users to create 2D and 3D graphs and visualizations of mathematical functions and data sets.

3. Can Maple solve systems of equations?

Yes, Maple has built-in functions that can solve systems of linear and non-linear equations using various methods such as Gaussian elimination and Newton's method.

4. What is a matrix in Maple?

In Maple, a matrix is a mathematical object used to represent a collection of numbers arranged in rows and columns. It is commonly used in linear algebra and can be manipulated and solved using Maple's matrix functions.

5. How can Maple be used for scientific research?

Maple can be used for various scientific research applications such as data analysis, mathematical modeling, and simulation. It also has a wide range of built-in functions and tools that can aid in solving complex problems in different scientific fields.