New Puppy: Strider, a 5-Week-Old Mix

• Thread starter hypatia
  • Start date
In summary: I was worried about that too, but it sounds like he's doing well so far.In summary, Strider is a black Lab/blue heeler mix pup who is 5 weeks old and is already shedding and potty training. He is friendly and playful, but has a bit of trouble with authority. He is already a good friend to FoxyLady, and is getting along well with her other dogs.
hypatia
Strider !

My new puppy! He is so cute. 5 weeks old Black Lab/Blue Heeler mix.

strider-1.jpg

snoozing

strider.jpg

Meeting FoxyLady for the first time.

Physics news on Phys.org

Aww how sweet hypatia. :smile:

Awww, how cute!

I see they are already working on the eye-contact issue.

He is TOO cute! Love his markings.

hypatia, he's adorable! I love snorgling puppy tums tums, they smell so sweet.

Hah, he's chock full of sweet puppy smell! Foxy and him are getting along really great too, although she's had to put the paw down{smack down} on him once or twice, when his baby teeth got a bit to close to the flesh.

Older dogs are best friends, but puppies are best fun :smile:

Cute puppy, Hypatia. They are so much fun when they're not destroying something, :biggrin:

I had better not let Tsu see this thread.

Last edited:

Oh, he is so absolutely adorable! I love his markings, and those cute, floppy, puppy ears!

He has no fear! Staring down a Welsh fairy battle-dog?! The force is strong in this one.

Thats why we named him Strider, from Lord of the Rings{also known as Aragorn}, he was a friend to the fairies, so it seemed to fit right in.

Puppies are evil. 'Struth. The cuter they are the more evil they are and this one looks like a real demon.

A friend of mine and his wife love corgis and they train them in agility-dog exercises and travel in their motor-home to follow competitions, in season. Their dogs are sweet, very intelligent, and quite perceptive, like most herding breeds. Corgis are small, but they will never concede that. Lovely critters. Fairy battle-dogs? OK that's fun, but the dogs are REAL and they are sweeties.

Last edited:

A strider you say? :O

Combine_strider.jpg

A vicious attack-dog! :biggrin:

Photo_052509_001.jpg

I found this evil little critter at my work and had to call animal control to come get it.
She curled up at my feet while I wrote my report and waited for animal control.
I'm a betrayer. :-(

Strider: What a darling!

Good thing you have FoxyLady to keep him in line and help train him though... Corgis are smart, and I'm sure he's a handful when he's not napping!

TheStatutoryApe said:
Photo_052509_001.jpg

I found this evil little critter at my work and had to call animal control to come get it.
She curled up at my feet while I wrote my report and waited for animal control.
I'm a betrayer. :-(

Oooo, That's way too evil a critter to look at up close on the computer. It looks much better in color copy on the wall in front of me here. Thanks for the evil thing. :)

OMG! I SO love your puppy! They just don't come ANY cuter than THAT! Ivan! I want a puppy! :biggrin:

What a choochki,!

How gorgeous, Hypatia! A lovely mix, too. Blue Heelers need lots and lots of exercise.

I'm so sleepy!:zzz: I kept him up last night {9pm}, he slept the whole night long! He is just so fun right now, trying to learn to jump and run. Went for his first walk, using the cat harness, and made it about a block and a half, before he had to be carried home.

awwwwwww!

Keep us posted with pics please! He is adorable!

My puppy sitter says the pups keep him busy all day, yet the neighbor showed me the real truth.
randypups1003.jpg

hypatia said:
My puppy sitter says the pups keep him busy all day, yet the neighbor showed me the real truth.
randypups1003.jpg

truly a "mans" best friend :)

Thats a great shot hypatia.

hypatia said:
He looks plenty busy to me. When the pups need naps, it's a good idea to keep them settled down so they can get rested. Shhh! Man at work. :tongue:

Happiness in crystallic form, it doesn't get any purer :smile:

Wow, Strider looks like a little stuffed toy tucked under his arm! What an adorable photo.

Lol, he could not believe I posted that photo, and to his credit, I have to say, those are his yard work cloths that he has on.

Cute puppy, Hypatia! I want a dog but it will have to wait until I have time to train one.

~christina~ said:
Cute puppy, Hypatia! I want a dog but it will have to wait until I have time to train one.

Very good thinking. A good dog doesn't happen by accident...it takes a huge time commitment to socialize a dog properly.

My older dog has had to put the paw down{smack down} with the pup, which he seems to understand. We got him a crate, and he puts himself to bed when he's ready. And I swear his paws are growing daily.

hypatia said:
And I swear his paws are growing daily.

Uh oh... I thought most puppies grew into their paws, instead of having their paws grow...

patty1004.jpg

Strider at 6 months, and growing!