NC open with condensor microphone

• Thread starter ArneF
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the need for normally closed cables for an electronic timer used in shooting competitions. The manufacturer does not sell these cables and the individual is seeking advice on how to make them. The timer is used to record the time for each shot and total time in a competition where shooters must quickly shoot down five targets.
ArneF
Hi all,

I am using an electronic timer when shooting (CED8000). This also has the possibility to record man vs man. For this I need a normally closed cable for each shooter. The cable should open for a very short time when a shot is "heard".

The manufacturer does not sell such cables, and has no tips on how to make them.

I hope someone here can show me how to make such cables.

t is for the CED8000 found here http://www.cedhk.com/show.php/Object518

have a nice day
Arne

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
What are you shooting? Is this for paint ball fights?

Why do you need to switch the cables? Do you have a circuit diagram of the present setup?

What are you timing?

Scenario is:

2 shoters with each 5 targets.
The timer records, among other things, the time for each shot and total time.

So I need 2 cables, each with a micophone at one end and a jack in the other end. The cables should be normaly closed and open for each shot. The opening of the closed cable will be recorded in the timer as a shot, and the time recorded.

(The competition is to shoot down the 5 targets fastest, and is done for all calibers, .22 - .38)

The shots come very fast and therefore the circuit must close again very fast after each shot. The normal time for shooting down the 5 targets is around 2-4 seconds.

Hope you have an idea :-)

Problem is solved.
Thanks anyway

1. What is "NC open" in relation to a condenser microphone?

"NC open" refers to the noise-cancelling feature of a condenser microphone. This feature helps to reduce background noise and produce clearer audio recordings.

2. How does the NC open feature work?

The NC open feature works by using a circuit that analyzes the incoming audio signal and creates an inverted signal to cancel out any background noise. This results in a cleaner and more precise audio recording.

3. Can I turn off the NC open feature?

Yes, most condenser microphones allow you to toggle the NC open feature on and off. This can be useful if you want to record ambient noise or if the feature is not needed for your recording.

4. Is there a difference between NC open and noise reduction?

Yes, there is a difference between NC open and noise reduction. NC open refers specifically to the noise-cancelling feature of a condenser microphone, while noise reduction can refer to a variety of methods used to reduce unwanted sound in audio recordings.

5. Are there any downsides to using the NC open feature?

While the NC open feature can greatly improve audio quality, it can also affect the overall sound of the recording. Some users may prefer the more natural sound of recordings without noise-cancelling. Additionally, the feature may not completely eliminate all background noise, so it is important to test and adjust accordingly for optimal results.