Where Can I Find Feynman Rules for Chiral Perturbation Theory?

In summary, Chiral Perturbation Theory (CPT) is a theoretical framework used in particle physics to describe the interactions of particles governed by the strong nuclear force. It is based on chiral symmetry, which is a fundamental symmetry of quantum chromodynamics (QCD). The main purpose of CPT is to provide a systematic and model-independent way to calculate the low-energy behavior of QCD, as traditional methods are not effective for this complex theory. Chiral symmetry is important in CPT as it allows for the classification of particles and the emergence of pions as Nambu-Goldstone bosons of QCD. However, CPT has limitations such as being most accurate at low energies and being a non-perturbative approach.
JacobStark
Hello, I was wondering whether anyone knows the Feynman rules for Chiral Perturbation theory?

I am trying to calculate K->PiPi and have obtained the relevant diagrams but cannot proceed without the relevant feynman rules.

Physics news on Phys.org
http://arxiv.org/abs/hep-ph/0210398"

See if you can find it yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good link :) I was stuck with Kochs "Introduction to chiral symmetry" and could hardly believe that I couldn't find sth more comprehensive...

What is Chiral Perturbation Theory?

Chiral Perturbation Theory (CPT) is a theoretical framework used in particle physics to describe the interactions of particles that are governed by the strong nuclear force. It is based on the principles of chiral symmetry, which is a fundamental symmetry of quantum chromodynamics (QCD).

What is the purpose of Chiral Perturbation Theory?

The main purpose of CPT is to provide a systematic and model-independent way to calculate the low-energy behavior of QCD. This is important because QCD is a highly complex theory and it is difficult to calculate its low-energy behavior using traditional methods. CPT allows us to make predictions and test them against experimental data, which helps us to better understand the strong nuclear force.

What is chiral symmetry and why is it important in Chiral Perturbation Theory?

Chiral symmetry is a symmetry that describes the relationship between left-handed and right-handed particles. In CPT, chiral symmetry is important because it allows us to classify particles based on their chiral properties, which helps us to better understand their interactions. Additionally, the breaking of chiral symmetry is a crucial aspect of CPT, as it leads to the emergence of pions as the Nambu-Goldstone bosons of QCD.

What are the limitations of Chiral Perturbation Theory?

While CPT is a powerful tool for studying the low-energy behavior of QCD, it does have some limitations. It is most accurate at low energies, so it cannot be used to study high-energy phenomena. Additionally, it is a non-perturbative approach, meaning it cannot be used to calculate precise numerical values. Instead, it provides qualitative predictions that can be tested against experimental data.

How is Chiral Perturbation Theory used in practical applications?

CPT is used in a variety of practical applications, including nuclear physics, lattice QCD simulations, and particle physics experiments. It is particularly useful for studying the properties of hadrons, such as their masses and decay rates. CPT has also been used to make predictions for the properties of exotic particles, such as tetraquarks and pentaquarks, which have been recently observed in experiments.