What type of engineering to pursue?

In summary, the speaker is interested in pursuing engineering in the field of computer science. They are passionate about math and science but do not enjoy biology. They are considering alternative energy, neuroscience/cognitive science, and computer engineering for potential career paths, but would also be interested in working for a theme park. They do not want to work in a lab and are seeking advice.
beanie93
I want to do some type of engineering. I like all math and science except bio ( but i can get through it). I am interested in alternative energy, neuroscience/ cognitive science, and computers. It would be cool to work for a theme park or something. I don't want to work in a lab. Any advice?

Physics news on Phys.org
Ok... So,I want to do engineering in computer science.I like computer,maths but don't like Bio at all.
So, I'm interested in doing some type of special programme or project.

beanie93, henryfayols, are you the same person? Are you logging on here as two different people? If so, that is inappropriate.

1. What are the different types of engineering?

There are many different types of engineering, including mechanical, electrical, civil, chemical, and computer engineering. Other types include aerospace, biomedical, environmental, and industrial engineering.

2. How do I choose which type of engineering to pursue?

When deciding on a type of engineering to pursue, it is important to consider your interests, strengths, and career goals. Research the different types of engineering to see which aligns best with your skills and passions. You can also talk to engineers in different fields to gain insight into their experiences.

3. What are the job prospects for different types of engineering?

The job prospects for different types of engineering vary, but overall, engineering is a growing field with many opportunities. Some types of engineering, such as computer and environmental engineering, are experiencing particularly high demand. It is important to research the job market for your chosen type of engineering and consider factors such as location and industry.

4. Do I need to have a specific educational background to pursue engineering?

While having a strong background in math and science is important for most types of engineering, it is not always necessary to have a specific educational background. Many engineering programs have prerequisites that can be completed during the first year of college. It is important to research the requirements for the specific type of engineering you are interested in.

5. What skills are important for a career in engineering?

Some important skills for a career in engineering include problem-solving, critical thinking, attention to detail, and strong communication skills. It is also important to have a strong foundation in math and science. Additionally, engineers often need to be able to work well in a team and have good time management skills.