Would this be a good physics final

In summary, the physics final will consist of a combination of multiple choice, short answer, and problem-solving questions, with approximately 50 questions in total. The final will cover various topics such as mechanics, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, and modern physics. It will be a closed book exam, but a calculator will be allowed. No notes or study guides will be permitted for use during the final, as it will test your understanding and application of the material without outside resources.
xdrgnh
One extremely hard question which someone has three hours to do. Would this a good final exam for a freshmen physics class? Would this be a good exam for any physics class?

Science news on Phys.org
For freshman physics? God, I hope not. A final should be a cumulative knowledge barometer. At least the one I am taking on Monday will be.

I don't think it's a good idea, because it's difficult to measure how well each student managed. You should think of a test with several questions with increasing degree of difficulty. To me that should be a good evaluation.

What is the format of the physics final?

The physics final will consist of a combination of multiple choice, short answer, and problem-solving questions.

How many questions will be on the physics final?

The final will have approximately 50 questions.

What topics will be covered on the physics final?

The final will cover a variety of topics including mechanics, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, and modern physics.

Will the final be open book or closed book?

The final will be closed book, but you will be allowed to use a calculator.

Can we use notes or study guides on the physics final?

No, the final will be based on your understanding and application of the material without outside resources.