OTA Integrators: Choosing the Right One for You

• Thread starter salil87
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of OTA integrators for integrating analog signals for a dual slope ADC. The speaker is unsure if OTAs can be bought off-the-shelf and is concerned about the varying gm with input levels. Another speaker suggests using op amps, specifically a Miller Integrator, and lists several possible OTAs that can be purchased.
salil87
Hi
What kinds of OTA integrators are available and how should i decide which to use?
Thanks
Salil

Engineering news on Phys.org
What are you trying to integrate?
Why do you need to use an OTA?
How will you trigger a reset?

I am integrating the Analog signal for a dual slope ADC. But since the input is a large signal won't the gm vary with the input level?
Thanks
Salil

I'm not sure you can buy OTAs off-the-shelf... I think they are only useful as internal components in an IC. The problem with an OTA is while you can implement simpler integrators with them in theory, they can't drive resistive loads and are therefore less interesting in practice.

salil87 said:
I am integrating the Analog signal for a dual slope ADC. But since the input is a large signal won't the gm vary with the input level?
Thanks
Salil

Yes. That's way people usually use op amps for this type of thing. See Baluncore's post. You want to use a Miller Integrator.

analogdesign said:
I'm not sure you can buy OTAs off-the-shelf ...
Look at
LM13600, LM13700, CA3080, CA3280, LM3080, CA3094, LT3469,
OPA460, OPA461, OPA660, OPA661, OPA860, OPA861, OPA2662
NE5517, MAX435, MAX436, NT996,

Last edited:
Well I certainly stand corrected!

1. What is an OTA integrator?

An OTA integrator is a software platform that connects different online travel agencies (OTAs) with a hotel's property management system. It allows hotels to easily manage their inventory and rates across multiple OTAs from one central platform.

2. How do I choose the right OTA integrator for my hotel?

When choosing an OTA integrator, consider factors such as cost, functionality, user-friendliness, and customer support. It's important to research and compare different options to find the one that best fits your hotel's specific needs.

3. What are the benefits of using an OTA integrator?

Using an OTA integrator can save hotels time and resources by automating the distribution process and reducing the risk of overbookings. It also allows for better control and visibility of rates and inventory across multiple OTAs.

4. Do all OTAs work with all OTA integrators?

No, not all OTAs work with all OTA integrators. Some OTAs may have their own preferred integrators, so it's important to research which OTAs are compatible with the integrator you choose.

5. Is it necessary to use an OTA integrator if my hotel only works with one OTA?

If your hotel only works with one OTA, an OTA integrator may not be necessary. However, using an integrator can still provide benefits such as automating the distribution process and providing better control of rates and inventory. It may also be beneficial to have an integrator in case your hotel decides to work with more OTAs in the future.