Understanding Non-Linear Operators: Solving K(f) with Fractional Derivatives

• Thread starter eljose79
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Operator
In summary, the conversation is discussing a non-linear operator, K, which is defined as K(f)=g and also as K(f)=(Int(c,x)f(t)dt)**r, where c and r are real constants and f is unknown. The conversation also explores the possibility of relating K(f) to fractional derivatives and whether it can be expressed as a combination of fractional derivatives. The concept of fractional derivatives is also mentioned.
eljose79
let be the non-linear operator acting this way:

K(f)=g K(f)=(Int(c,x)f(t)dt)**r

where c and r are real constant and f is unknown.

in fact can we relate K(f) and solve it by applying the fractional derivatives?..in fact can be K(f) expressed as combination of fractional derivatives?..

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by eljose79
let be the non-linear operator acting this way:

K(f)=g K(f)=(Int(c,x)f(t)dt)**r

where c and r are real constant and f is unknown.

in fact can we relate K(f) and solve it by applying the fractional derivatives?..in fact can be K(f) expressed as combination of fractional derivatives?..

And what are fractional derivatives?

JMD

You mean partial derivatives?

What is an operator?

An operator is a symbol or word that is used in programming to perform a specific action on one or more operands. It is used to manipulate data and control the flow of a program.

What are the different types of operators?

There are several types of operators, including arithmetic operators, assignment operators, comparison operators, logical operators, and bitwise operators. Each type of operator has a different function and syntax.

How do I use an operator in my code?

To use an operator, you need to first identify the type of operation you want to perform and then choose the appropriate operator. You then need to provide the operands, which are the values or variables that the operator will act upon. The operator is then placed between the operands in the correct syntax.

What is the order of operations for operators?

The order of operations for operators is determined by the precedence and associativity of each operator. Operators with higher precedence are evaluated first, followed by those with lower precedence. In case of equal precedence, the associativity of the operators is used to determine the order of evaluation.

What should I do if I am having trouble with an operator in my code?

If you are having trouble with an operator in your code, you can refer to the documentation for the programming language you are using to understand the syntax and behavior of the operator. You can also consult online resources or seek help from other programmers or a mentor to better understand how to use the operator in your code.