How to use Latex in this Forum

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter hotwater
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Forum Latex
In summary, the problem with this forum is that the preview does not display LaTeX tags correctly, making it difficult for users to use them in their posts. This issue has been reported by several users and has not yet been resolved. As a workaround, users can try using equations from other sources or manually typing them out.
hotwater
Update: Well, apparently the problem is just that the preview doesn't work on this site. The actual post is fine.

Homework Statement

I can't use this forum well, because any latex tags I type in are removed. For example, see the tex code below. In the preview (and probably in the real post as well) all it shows is the \int.

Homework Equations

[tex] \int \frac{x}{(x-a)^2} \, dx = \int \frac{x-a+a}{(x-a)^2} \, dx = \int \frac{dx}{x-a} + a\int \frac{d(x-a)}{(x-a)^2} = \ln|x-a| - \frac{a}{x-a} + C [/tex]

The Attempt at a Solution

I tried to use other folks equations, but that didn't work either.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

1. How do I insert mathematical equations using Latex in this forum?

To insert mathematical equations using Latex in this forum, you can use the $ symbol to enclose your equation. For example, $x^2 + y^2 = z^2$ will display the equation . You can also use $$ to display the equation in a new line and \displaystyle to increase the font size.

2. Can I use Latex to format text in this forum?

Yes, you can use Latex to format text in this forum. You can use commands such as \textbf{} for bold text, \textit{} for italic text, and \underline{} for underlined text. For example, \textbf{This text is bold.} will display This text is bold.

3. How can I add images using Latex in this forum?

To add images using Latex in this forum, you can use the \includegraphics{} command. Make sure to upload the image to a hosting site and use its URL inside the curly braces. For example, \includegraphics{https://example.com/image.png} will display the image in your post.

4. Is there a quick reference guide for Latex commands?

Yes, there are many quick reference guides available online for Latex commands. You can also refer to the official Latex documentation for a comprehensive list of commands and their usage.

5. Are there any tips for troubleshooting Latex errors in this forum?

If you encounter any Latex errors in this forum, make sure to check for any missing or extra curly braces, dollar signs, or backslashes in your code. You can also use online Latex editors to check for errors and test your code before posting it in the forum.