Find Reliable Aluminum 1100 Strain-Stress Curve for ANSYS Workbench V.13

• Thread starter bach_viet90
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Material
In summary, ANSYSWORKBENCH is a software program used for finite element analysis (FEA) in engineering. It can simulate and analyze the behavior of a wide range of materials, including metals, plastics, composites, and fluids, under different physical conditions. ANSYSWORKBENCH uses material properties to predict how a material will react to various loads and stresses, and it allows for the simulation of complex loading scenarios and the optimization of designs. Additionally, it can predict failure and fatigue of materials, helping engineers identify potential weaknesses and make necessary improvements before production.
bach_viet90
I'm using Ansys Workbench V.13, when I use library of explicitmaterial I saw that Unit of True Strain is Mpa ?!

Capture_zps14f3bfd3.png

And if we can't trust this strain-stress curve,please tell me, where can I find aluminum 1100 strain-stress curve ?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Looks like a typo to me, since strain is dimensionless...

What is ANSYSWORKBENCH material?

ANSYSWORKBENCH material is a software program used for finite element analysis (FEA) in the field of engineering. It is used to simulate and analyze the behavior of materials under different physical conditions, allowing engineers to predict how a material will react to various loads and stresses.

What types of materials can be analyzed using ANSYSWORKBENCH?

ANSYSWORKBENCH can analyze a wide range of materials, including metals, plastics, composites, fluids, and more. It can also handle both linear and nonlinear materials, as well as isotropic and anisotropic materials.

How does ANSYSWORKBENCH handle material properties?

ANSYSWORKBENCH uses material properties such as density, elasticity, and thermal conductivity to simulate the behavior of a material. These properties can be defined by the user or chosen from a library of pre-defined materials.

What are the advantages of using ANSYSWORKBENCH for material analysis?

ANSYSWORKBENCH allows for accurate and detailed analysis of materials without the need for physical testing, saving time and resources. It also allows for the simulation of complex loading scenarios and the ability to optimize designs for better performance.

Can ANSYSWORKBENCH predict failure or fatigue of materials?

Yes, ANSYSWORKBENCH has the capability to predict failure and fatigue of materials by simulating the behavior of a material under different stress and loading conditions. This can help engineers identify potential weaknesses in a design and make necessary improvements before production.