Download the free PF App for iPhone/Android phones

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, the new PF App is based off the TapaTalk app, is very similar, and supports tex and list subscribed threads. There is a problem with not supporting LaTeX and I can't seem to find a way to list my subscribed threads. However, the subscribed threads are in Favorites. The app looks clean and supports Dark mode. There is a bug with white space around quotes, and the logo is not shown when starting the app. The app has been updated to version 2.4.4.1 and has 85 installs in under a week.

jtbell said:
We can use one of those here on campus... we have bazillions of squirrels to decode.

Those aren't squirrels...those are miniature space stations...

Physics news on Phys.org
Somebody rated it a 3 and didn't leave a review.
shaking%20fist.png

tahayassen said:
Somebody rated it a 3 and didn't leave a review.
shaking%20fist.png

I will find him, and I will kill him.

Just reviewed and rated the app (the review is in portuguese, since I downloaded from portugal's app store). Overall the app looks pretty good. The only flaw I can point is that it doesn't support Latex.

Not sure if it has been already reported but the emoticons doesn't show up.

:)---> this turns to :smile:
but
: smile : (without spaces) doesn't show the smile emoticon.

I am using the PF App for Android.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Thanks Pranav-Arora!

Rated and reviewed too! :)

EDIT: Why doesn't my review show up when I view the page as a guest on Google Play? I don't know too much about Google Play, can you see my review there?

Last edited:
Pranav-Arora said:
Rated and reviewed too! :)

EDIT: Why doesn't my review show up when I view the page as a guest on Google Play? I don't know too much about Google Play, can you see my review there?

It takes a day or two for Google to review the review and make it visible :)

Greg Bernhardt said:
It takes a day or two for Google to review the review and make it visible :)

Ah, thanks! :smile:

I'm using the Android app under an elderly droid 2.1, and have noticed two problems.

First BBCode doesn't seem to work, enabled in the settings or not. I always get the square brackets with the formatting, not the formatting. E.g. This is not bold for me, and I can see the [strike]fnords[/strike]bs in square brackets.

Second, if I press the back button in a sub-forum, it force-closes on me.

Is anybody else getting this too?

On a positive note, the app is still enormously better than the PF Mobile browser version.

Ok - sorry - the bolded bit above is bold for me. My assertion was too bold, it seems. However, strike did not work. And I think sup and sub do not work:
supsub
Edit: nope, they don't. I see the tags. But italic does seem to work, and so do quotes and hyperlinks. Do I have font issues or does tapatalk?

I just checked the previous page. Are you giving gold membership to those who review this app?

Pranav-Arora said:
I just checked the previous page. Are you giving gold membership to those who review this app?

Yes indeed!

Greg Bernhardt said:
Yes indeed!

Can I get promoted to "Da Moderator" if I review it?! Or has Evo already taken that title?

Da Moderator is out there. It can't be bargained with; it can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, EVER, until you are BANNED.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Yes indeed!

Can I have it? :)

Greg Bernhardt said:
You do have it :)

Thanks, I was using PF on mobile when I posted my previous post so I did not notice it. :smile:

I rated the app for iPhone. I'm happy to say it has a much nicer layout. Just need the TeX.

BloodyFrozen said:
I rated the app for iPhone. I'm happy to say it has a much nicer layout. Just need the TeX.

Thanks, you look nice in Gold!

The iPhone app is unusable for me. Immediately after logging in, it tries to go to a tab labeled "Unread", and it just crashes. I've attempted this 5 times. It crashes on "Loading Unread Topics"

I am using the iPhone 3gs iOS version 4.3.3

Jack21222 said:
The iPhone app is unusable for me. Immediately after logging in, it tries to go to a tab labeled "Unread", and it just crashes. I've attempted this 5 times. It crashes on "Loading Unread Topics"

I am using the iPhone 3gs iOS version 4.3.3

Thanks for the feedback. I'll be submitting an updated version to the apple store on Monday. Once submitted it should take about a week to be accepted and released.

Hey trying out the app but I cannot figure out how to maake threads

Not sure whether its my bad wifi connection but on my Nexus 7 sometimes it doesn't load a thread properly and only displays the loading symbol, I've left it for a couple of minutes before and it hasn't loaded anything.

But if I go to the menu and click refresh the thread pops up automatically?

trollcast said:
Not sure whether its my bad wifi connection but on my Nexus 7 sometimes it doesn't load a thread properly and only displays the loading symbol, I've left it for a couple of minutes before and it hasn't loaded anything.

But if I go to the menu and click refresh the thread pops up automatically?

I will be sending out an update to the app shortly. Hopefully will fix the issue.

Tried the android app, liked it overall but the lack of latex support made me revert to web browsing. Hope it will be fixed!

Will a Windows Phone (8) version ever be released?

MrWarlock616 said:
Will a Windows Phone (8) version ever be released?

Very possible if Windows can gain some ground. Right now the number of visitors using Windows Phone is very very low.

It has! People always have this misconception that wp doesn't have many fans..

MrWarlock616 said:
It has! People always have this misconception that wp doesn't have many fans..

Windows Phone accounts for 1.28% of the mobile phone users that visit PF.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Windows Phone accounts for 1.28% of the mobile phone users that visit PF.

grr..I was talking in general.:rofl:

Just got the app on the apple store and left a review. I love it. It's a lot easier to just go straight to PF than have to go through the tapatalk app.

PF APP 2.4.5.3 for Android has been released. Mostly bug and stability fixes.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tapatalk.physicsforumscom

An iPhone update will be out shortly.

The new update seems to have broken it for me as it now won't load at all from the icon on my desktop and it only starts about 1 in 5 times if I click on a notification?

<h2>1. What is the PF App and what does it do?</h2><p>The PF App is a mobile application available for both iPhone and Android phones. It is a free app that allows you to easily access your PF account, track your workouts, and find nearby PF locations.</p><h2>2. How do I download the PF App on my phone?</h2><p>To download the PF App, simply go to the App Store for iPhone or the Google Play Store for Android. Search for "PF App" and click on the download or install button. The app will then be downloaded and installed on your phone.</p><h2>3. Do I need a PF membership to use the app?</h2><p>Yes, you will need a PF membership to use the app. You can either sign up for a membership through the app or use your existing membership information to log in.</p><h2>4. Can I track my workouts with the PF App?</h2><p>Yes, the PF App has a workout tracker feature that allows you to log your workouts, set goals, and track your progress. You can also sync your workouts with other fitness tracking apps for a more comprehensive view of your fitness journey.</p><h2>5. Is the PF App available in all countries?</h2><p>The PF App is currently only available in the United States and Canada. We are working on expanding to other countries in the future, so stay tuned for updates!</p>

1. What is the PF App and what does it do?

The PF App is a mobile application available for both iPhone and Android phones. It is a free app that allows you to easily access your PF account, track your workouts, and find nearby PF locations.

2. How do I download the PF App on my phone?

To download the PF App, simply go to the App Store for iPhone or the Google Play Store for Android. Search for "PF App" and click on the download or install button. The app will then be downloaded and installed on your phone.

3. Do I need a PF membership to use the app?

Yes, you will need a PF membership to use the app. You can either sign up for a membership through the app or use your existing membership information to log in.

4. Can I track my workouts with the PF App?

Yes, the PF App has a workout tracker feature that allows you to log your workouts, set goals, and track your progress. You can also sync your workouts with other fitness tracking apps for a more comprehensive view of your fitness journey.

5. Is the PF App available in all countries?

The PF App is currently only available in the United States and Canada. We are working on expanding to other countries in the future, so stay tuned for updates!