No reply still got that message icon

• Thread starter nil1996
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a potential bug with an icon in "My Posts". However, it is clarified that the icon is not related to replies, but rather indicates new or old messages. The conversation also mentions a more convenient way to view replies through the user control panel.
nil1996
There is no reply but i still get that icon in "My Posts". Is that a bug?
here is a screenshot in attachment

Attachments

• 1122.png
    1122.png
    46.8 KB · Views: 473
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't think it's a bug. That icon with the open envelope (I think that's what you're talking about) isn't about whether the post has replies - the open envelope indicates a new message. A closed envelope indicates an old message. That's my interpretation based on the names of the icons being used.

Mark44 said:
I don't think it's a bug. That icon with the open envelope (I think that's what you're talking about) isn't about whether the post has replies - the open envelope indicates a new message. A closed envelope indicates an old message. That's my interpretation based on the names of the icons being used.
That was my impression as well. They are "new" until you log out (or get logged out after 15 minutes of inactivity).

By the way, if you are looking for replies to your threads, the https://www.physicsforums.com/usercp.php is easier.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What does the "No reply still got that message icon" mean?

The "No reply still got that message icon" is a notification that appears on messaging platforms, indicating that the recipient has not responded to the message sent by the sender.

2. Why does the "No reply still got that message icon" appear?

The "No reply still got that message icon" appears when the recipient has not opened or read the message, or when they have read the message but have not responded to it.

3. Can I still send messages to someone who has the "No reply still got that message icon"?

Yes, you can still send messages to someone who has the "No reply still got that message icon". However, it is up to the recipient to choose whether or not to respond to the messages they receive.

4. How long does the "No reply still got that message icon" stay on my message?

The duration of the "No reply still got that message icon" varies depending on the messaging platform. Some platforms may remove the icon once the recipient opens the message, while others may keep it until the recipient responds or deletes the message.

5. Is there a way to remove the "No reply still got that message icon" from my message?

No, there is no way to remove the "No reply still got that message icon" from your message. It is a notification that appears based on the recipient's actions, and it is not controlled by the sender.