Hey I posted in homework help but now it's gone

In summary: Your Name]In summary, mentors routinely delete homework or homework-like problems that do not show any effort at solving the problem. Students can check for notifications from mentors through the "Envelope" icon and the "Conversations" feature. It is important for students to follow the general rules and the "Guidelines for Students and Helpers" to maintain academic honesty and integrity. By doing so, we can all help create a positive learning environment and contribute to the growth and success of the academic community.
Homework Statement
NA
Relevant Equations
NA
If you posted a homework problem, and you don't see it any more, it might have been deleted by one of the mentors. The mentors routinely delete homework or homework-like problems where you haven't shown any effort at solving the problem. If your post is deleted for this reason, the mentor will also send you a warning notification which explains why your post was deleted.

You can see these notifications by clicking the Envelope personal message icon at the top of any page here. If you've received new notifications that you haven't read yet, there should be a little red badge "stuck" on the Envelope icon, showing the number of new notifications. The forum software calls them "Conversations."

Mentors also delete homework (or homework-like) problems that are posted in forum sections other than the Homework & Coursework section, or for other rules violations. To see our general rules, click the INFO link at the top of any page here, and choose "Terms and Rules." Or you can click this link:

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/physics-forums-global-guidelines.414380/

Scroll down to the section "Homework Guidelines."

Also note the "Guidelines for Students and Helpers" which is posted near the top of each of the homework forums, for example:

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/guidelines-for-students-and-helpers.686781/

(last updated Nov 30, 2021 by Mark44)

Last edited:
Likes M. M. Fahad Joy, Avimanyu Ray, mooncrater and 3 others
Physics news on Phys.org

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I understand the importance of academic honesty and integrity. It is crucial for students to show effort in solving problems and to not rely on others to do their work for them. I appreciate the mentors for upholding these values and deleting homework or homework-like problems where students have not shown any effort.

I also want to commend the mentors for sending warning notifications to students whose posts have been deleted. This serves as a reminder for students to follow the guidelines and to take responsibility for their own learning.

I will definitely keep in mind the "Envelope" icon and the "Conversations" feature to check for notifications from mentors. I will also review the general rules and the "Guidelines for Students and Helpers" to ensure that I am following them.

Thank you for providing these resources and for promoting a positive learning environment. I believe that by upholding these rules and guidelines, we can all contribute to the growth and success of the academic community.