Chemist in pharmaceutical industry?

In summary, the conversation is about finding a job in the pharmaceutical industry and the concerns and questions about the 1-month trial period. The speaker is unsure about the tasks and working environment of the job, and asks for advice from chemists or technicians in the industry. They are also concerned about the manual dexterity required for the job and the work-time hours, as well as the potential risks involved in working with chemicals. They mention the need for hospital tests before starting the job and the importance of impressing the supervisor during the probation period to secure a full-time contract.
yiberkit
Now I've managed to find pharmaceutical industry firm job, they told me first of all it will be 1 month trial.
I don't know what kind of laboratory work that i will do or learn.
But I have to know which things that I should pay attention to it in 1 month trial work period.

What are the work tasks and working environment in pharma labs?
Which things can I learn before entering to that job?
I need help from pharmaceutical industry chemists or technicians. What are the hardest part of them?

What are the lab. equipments and analyse or process tasks of pharma laboratories? I am not good at using my hands in the jobs which needs flexible in manual dexterity.

What are the work-time hours of pharma companies? They wanted lots of hospital tests before joining to that job, this means it will be more risky work aura with chemical inhalation and risky work tasks. Therefore it must be short work times in a routine laboratory days. Also it must be holiday in the weekends. Am I true or wrong?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
No weekends, probation is time to show yourself off to your supervisor who will have good comments about you after 1 month before you can get the full-time contract. Please be patient and endure until it's done.

1. What is the role of a chemist in the pharmaceutical industry?

A chemist in the pharmaceutical industry is responsible for researching, developing, and testing new drugs and treatments. They are also involved in the production and quality control of pharmaceutical products.

2. What skills are necessary to become a successful chemist in the pharmaceutical industry?

Some key skills for a chemist in the pharmaceutical industry include strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, attention to detail, and knowledge of laboratory techniques and equipment. Good communication and teamwork skills are also important in this field.

3. What type of education and training is required to become a chemist in the pharmaceutical industry?

Most chemists in the pharmaceutical industry have at least a bachelor's degree in chemistry or a related field. Many also have a higher degree such as a master's or PhD. Companies may also provide on-the-job training and professional development opportunities.

4. What are the job prospects for chemists in the pharmaceutical industry?

The demand for chemists in the pharmaceutical industry is expected to continue growing in the coming years. Advances in technology and an aging population are driving the need for new and improved medications.

5. How does a chemist in the pharmaceutical industry contribute to the development of new drugs?

A chemist in the pharmaceutical industry plays a crucial role in the drug development process. They are involved in researching and identifying potential new compounds, synthesizing and testing these compounds, and optimizing their effectiveness and safety. They also work closely with other scientists and researchers to bring new drugs to market.