Hi everyone I have a biology question.

• Thread starter WackyTaffy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Biology Hi
In summary, the conversation discusses the human desire for acceptance, the concept of a perfect god in Christianity, and the role of willpower in human abilities. The question is raised about why humans are more intelligent and advanced than other species, despite evolving from similar ancestors. The topic of goosebumps and their purpose is also brought up. The speaker also expresses curiosity about the lack of other species with similar intelligence to humans.
WackyTaffy
So, if it is okay, would you mind answering this question?

There has been much scientific study on the evolution of humans. Although all humans universialtlly want to be accepted, I've come to realize that this "god" that Christians are talking about is perfect. People want to be accepted, so it is only human nature to WANT to believe such.

I also believe, that the WILL power of the human spirit, can do amazing things.

Please note I am not trying to make this into a religious topic. I'm just saying - I agree, there are certain aspects of evolution that we still have (goosebumps, for example, which serve no use now, correct me if I'm wrong please...) from evolution.

Ok, anyway, here's my question:

Why are we the humans beyond any other species intelligenctly? I heard that we are the only humans (Besides ants a few others...there is a CNN article on ants learning how to learn...no pun intended) that can learn, therefore, we advance in technology.

For example, some animals may learn a new trick to get prey, but then once they die, its over worth. It never gets passed on.

So my questoin is to you, why are humans so ahead of the rest of the spicies? Why aren't there other humans, per se?

Sorry if this sounds like a ridiculous question. I just hope to understand since there are so many species, why are we so much more more intelligenctual in favor of evolution?

Thanks

Last edited:
Biology news on Phys.org
I'm in complete agreement of your questions, but I must ask- are you looking for a fight?
Anyway, perhaps humans can communicate more specifically, and with more meaning than any other species on Earth (and I say on Earth because I'm positive there are beings from other planets out there). So therefore, what I'm saying to you now might not even be able to be communicated between other animals, such as dogs.

As for- why arent there other "humans" per se, I've been wondering just such a question myself. If we evolved from apes, or near apes, how come there are apes today, and not near humans with similar intelligence levels?

As for goose-bumps- there is still a reason for them, though they are less effective than they once were. The raise the hair on arms, legs, and elsewhere in an effort to retain heat when it is cold outside, however the effect has been greatly lessend due to the fact that humans (most) are no longer covered in sheets of hair. They also raise the body temperature due to the contractions of the skin and muscles. Also, when the hair is standing up (when one is afraid) it tends to make the individual look bigger (or did) to scare off predators.

Last edited:

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and question with us. It's great to see your curiosity and interest in biology and evolution.

To answer your question, there are a few key factors that have contributed to humans being the most intelligent species on Earth. One major factor is our large brain size and complex brain structure. Our brains have evolved to have a high level of cognitive abilities, such as problem-solving, abstract thinking, and language skills.

Another factor is our ability to communicate and pass down knowledge from one generation to the next. This is known as cultural evolution and has allowed us to continuously build upon the knowledge and advancements of our ancestors. This is something that other species do not have the ability to do.

Furthermore, our opposable thumbs have also played a significant role in our intelligence and technological advancements. Our hands allow us to manipulate objects and tools, which has greatly aided in our ability to create and innovate.

It is also worth noting that humans have a longer lifespan compared to other species, which gives us more time to learn, develop, and pass down knowledge.

It's important to remember that intelligence is not a competition and every species has its own unique strengths and abilities. Humans may excel in certain areas, but other species have their own remarkable abilities that have allowed them to thrive in their respective environments.

I hope this helps answer your question. Keep exploring and asking questions, as that is the essence of scientific inquiry. Best of luck with your biology studies!

What is the biology question you have?

The biology question is not specified, so it is difficult to provide an answer. Please provide more information.

Can you help me with my biology homework?

As a scientist, my role is to conduct research and study various aspects of biology. I am not able to complete homework assignments for individuals. However, I can provide guidance and resources to help you understand the concepts better.

What is the difference between mitosis and meiosis?

Mitosis is the process of cell division that results in two identical daughter cells, while meiosis is the process of cell division that results in four genetically different daughter cells. Mitosis is involved in growth and repair of body tissues, while meiosis is involved in the production of gametes (sex cells).

How does photosynthesis work?

Photosynthesis is the process by which plants and other organisms convert light energy into chemical energy. It involves the absorption of light by pigments, such as chlorophyll, in the chloroplasts of plant cells. This light energy is used to convert carbon dioxide and water into glucose (sugar) and oxygen.

What is the scientific method?

The scientific method is a systematic approach to answering questions and solving problems in the scientific community. It involves making observations, forming a hypothesis, conducting experiments, collecting and analyzing data, and drawing conclusions. This method is used to ensure that scientific research is reliable and can be replicated by others.