Is this the right course for this kind of questions

• Thread starter transgalactic
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Course
In summary, the conversation is about a calculus course found on MIT's website and whether it covers theoretical knowledge for solving a specific type of question involving a function f(x) and its properties. The person asking the question is wondering if there is additional material they should read in order to understand this type of question. They mention that they have not encountered this type of question before and that the course's exams do not seem to include it.
transgalactic
i found this calculus course:

http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Mathematics/18-01Fall-2006/VideoLectures/index.htm

does it consists with theoretical knowledge of solving question like this:

there is a function f(x) which is continues in the borders [a,b]
and derivitable in the borders (a,b), b>a>0
alpha differs 0
prove the there is b>c>a

in that formula:
http://img392.imageshack.us/my.php?image=81208753je3.gif

i never encoutered this kind of questions
and in this MIT calculus course i searched their exams and there is no such question
there are only normal calculus material regarding derivatives ,limits,aproximations
but i can't see this sort of complicated proving questions
??

Physics news on Phys.org
what additional text besides normal calculus should i read in order to
solve this question

1. What makes a course the "right" course?

The "right" course for you will depend on your individual goals, interests, and abilities. It should align with your academic and career aspirations and provide you with the necessary knowledge and skills to succeed in your chosen field.

2. How do I know if I'm choosing the right course for my future career?

Researching the course curriculum, reading reviews and testimonials from previous students, and talking to academic advisors and professionals in your desired field can help you determine if a course is the right fit for your future career goals.

3. What factors should I consider when deciding if a course is right for me?

Some important factors to consider when evaluating if a course is right for you include the course content, teaching methods, learning outcomes, prerequisites, workload, and potential career opportunities it can lead to.

4. Is it possible to switch to a different course if I realize it's not the right fit?

Yes, it is possible to switch to a different course if you realize that the one you initially chose is not the right fit for you. However, it is important to carefully consider your options and consult with academic advisors before making a decision.

5. Can a course be the "right" course for some students but not for others?

Yes, a course can be the "right" course for some students but not for others. Each student has their own unique strengths, weaknesses, and interests, so what may be the perfect fit for one student may not be for another. It's important to choose a course that aligns with your individual needs and goals.