How to Model a 3 Phase Transformer in Ansoft Maxwell?

• Thread starter msaffari
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around someone seeking help with modeling a 3 phase transformer in Maxwell to find inrush and short circuit current. The individual was looking for recommendations on how to learn more about Ansoft and received a recommendation for a webinar on simulating circuits and systems for electric vehicles. Additionally, the conversation mentioned the helpfulness of contacting Ansoft directly for support.
msaffari
I want to model a 3 phase transformer in maxwell and find inrush and short circuit current,can help me any one?

Engineering news on Phys.org
msaffari said:
I want to model a 3 phase transformer in maxwell and find inrush and short circuit current,can help me any one?

Welcome to the PF. Is this for a school project? What do you know about Ansoft so far? What learning resources do you have available for this project?

Here's a coincidence, I just got an e-mail from Ansoft about an upcoming webinar on simulating circuits and systems for electric vehicles. Might have some applicability to your question:

http://www.ansoft.com/news/mailer/090630/index.html

Last edited by a moderator:
berkeman said:
Here's a coincidence, I just got an e-mail from Ansoft about an upcoming webinar on simulating circuits and systems for electric vehicles. Might have some applicability to your question:

http://www.ansoft.com/news/mailer/090630/index.html

I have always found Ansoft and ADS to be very knowledgeable and helpful when it comes to asking questions about how to use their software for modeling. E-mailing them directly goes a long way.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is Ansoft (Maxwell)?

Ansoft (Maxwell) is a software suite developed by Ansys Inc. that is used for electromagnetic simulation and analysis.

2. What are the features of Ansoft (Maxwell)?

Ansoft (Maxwell) offers a variety of features including 2D and 3D modeling, parametric and optimization tools, and a variety of analysis capabilities such as static, frequency, and time domain simulations.

3. How is Ansoft (Maxwell) used in scientific research?

Ansoft (Maxwell) is used in scientific research to model and simulate electromagnetic phenomena in a variety of fields such as electrical engineering, physics, and materials science. It can help researchers better understand and predict the behavior of electromagnetic systems and devices.

4. Can Ansoft (Maxwell) be used for industrial applications?

Yes, Ansoft (Maxwell) is commonly used in industrial settings for design and analysis of electromagnetic systems and devices. It is used in industries such as automotive, aerospace, and electronics.

5. Is Ansoft (Maxwell) user-friendly for beginners?

Ansoft (Maxwell) has a user-friendly interface and offers a variety of tutorials and resources for beginners. However, some experience with electromagnetic theory and simulation software may be helpful in using the software effectively.