Cardio Jump - the ropeless jump rope

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Jump Rope
In summary: She laughed too.The commercial has a blonde girl using the jump rope and the older woman using the Cardio Jump. The blond girl jumps about three times as high as the older woman when using the jump rope.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
http://www.buythecardiojump.com/Default.asp?tcode=pi8&tag=google&gclid=CI-o0orY5ZkCFQkzawodGFudQg&bhcp=1

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: I don't know what can be said. Maybe its a Zen thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
hahaha that made my day

it's even "compact for travel"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I can't stop laughing. I think I need to watch that video again...it's not often you get to watch buff men make total fools of themselves quite like that. :rofl: It's perfect for the totally uncoordinated people who would otherwise trip over a rope, though. :rofl:

is this a joke? April fools was earlier this month.

I noticed in a few of the shots with the cordless idiot thing, the guy wasnt actually jumping, just going up on his tiptoes.

Last edited:
Pengwuino said:
I noticed in a few of the shots with the cordless idiot thing, the guy wasnt actually jumping, just going up on his tiptoes.

I noticed that too. See, it's definitely better he had the cordless jumprope rather than a real one or else he'd have tripped over it. :biggrin:

All hail humanity! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah. But it's a gizmo and has buttons. B-U-T-T-O-N-S.

And a shiny display. S-H-I-N-Y.

Phrak said:

I wonder if it takes into account your weight and the height of the jumps. I guess in principle it could use accelerometers to give an accurate accounting of the work done.

...eh, on second thought, [duh! :redface:] the hands are not necessarily an indicator of the body motion. So there is no way it could be reliably accurate.

That had me laughing to tears.

Forget the gadget and just do the jumps.

As ridiculous as the product is, the exercise is a good way for people not accustomed to strenuous activity to get good conditioning. After a spectacular shipwide failire on a yearly PT test the captain initiated a bi-weekly exercise program. Part of it included a walking pace jog. Just getting the feet up in the air greatly increases the amount of effort of keeping the pace, and it's something most people can do without being discouraged. The product isn't necessary, but those who do buy it and follow the program will benefit. Fools perhaps, but if buying the product encourages them to exercise then I wouldn't argue that the money wasn't well spent.

It is funny though:smile:

I guess anything that gets people to exercise is a good thing, it's amazing how sedentary a lot of people in our society are.

Phrak said:

:rofl:

Beyond that, it's truly difficult to know what to say.

Ivan Seeking said:
...eh, on second thought, [duh! :redface:] the hands are not necessarily an indicator of the body motion. So there is no way it could be reliably accurate.

You thought that all the way through, right? :wink:

What a fantastic find this thing is, though.

I guess the jumprope industry is trying to match the phone industry by going wireless!
This product looks pretty lame. And "compact for travel?" As if jumpropes were
big to begin with.

Funny! I saw the commercial again and happened to notice this: Watch the blonde girl pretty early in the commercial, in the side-by-side shot. In one screen she is using an actual rope, and in the other she is using the Cardio Jump. She jumps about three times as high when using the jump rope!

Last edited:
When will they release the version for double-dutch? :tongue:

Ivan Seeking said:
Funny! I saw the commercial again and happened to notice this: Watch the blonde girl pretty early in the commercial, in the side-by-side shot. In one screen she is using an actual rope, and in the other she is using the Cardio Jump. She jumps about three times as high when using the jump rope!

:rofl: I was thinking this might be useful for the uncoordinated spazzes who would trip over a jump rope, but then noticed the flying balls on the ends of the sticks...those could be even more dangerous in the hands of an uncoordinated spaz!

Moonbear said:
:rofl: I was thinking this might be useful for the uncoordinated spazzes who would trip over a jump rope, but then noticed the flying balls on the ends of the sticks...those could be even more dangerous in the hands of an uncoordinated spaz!

Oooo flying balls.

I showed the ad to three women at work. The two younger ones rolled their eyes and declared it one of the stupidest things they'd ever seen. The other woman said, "Well, it would be handy to have." At which point I looked at her sideways. "Well it would be," she insisted. I started to laugh. I got up from my chair, lifted my hands to my sides, twirled them and jumped in time to the twirls. "Better than this?" I asked. "Well, you know what I mean," she said. I told her I didn't know what she meant. She asked me if I was laughing at her. I told her I was. Then she laughed with me. Good thing we're friends.

HAHAHA, when the video shows the girl jumping next to herself the rope would be hitting her leg. She is off timing.

It does occur to me that it might be useful for someone who lives in cramped quarters and doesn't have a place where they could swing a jump rope without hitting things. It would give you something to do with your arms to keep them up and moving too. I would still break out in fits of laughter seeing someone doing it, but I suppose they'd go to the gym if they were willing to be seen while exercising. :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:
http://www.buythecardiojump.com/Default.asp?tcode=pi8&tag=google&gclid=CI-o0orY5ZkCFQkzawodGFudQg&bhcp=1

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: I don't know what can be said. Maybe its a Zen thing.

they look like they're trying to fly

Last edited by a moderator:
Jump roping is a life skill and shouldn't be so cavalierly abandoned in the name of quick results

:rofl:It looks a bit like some sort country dancing.:rofl:

sketch said:
:rofl:It looks a bit like some sort country dancing.:rofl:

NECROPOST!

As a side note, these are still available from Amazon: (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000WXEH8G/?tag=pfamazon01-20).

I just got mine yesterday. Kind of a sucky jump rope, but they make awesome nunchucks.

1. What is Cardio Jump and how does it work?

Cardio Jump is a ropeless jump rope that allows users to perform a jumping motion without the use of an actual rope. It works by using internal sensors and a virtual rope on a screen to track and guide the user's movements.

2. Is Cardio Jump suitable for all fitness levels?

Yes, Cardio Jump is designed for people of all fitness levels. It can be adjusted to different intensity levels and can be used by beginners to advanced athletes.

3. Can you perform different jump rope exercises with Cardio Jump?

Yes, Cardio Jump offers a variety of jump rope exercises that can be performed, including basic jumps, high knees, side-to-side jumps, and more. It also allows users to create their own custom workouts.

4. Is Cardio Jump a good alternative for traditional jump ropes?

Yes, Cardio Jump can be a great alternative for traditional jump ropes as it eliminates the risk of tripping over the rope and allows for a more versatile workout experience.

5. Can Cardio Jump track my workout progress?

Yes, Cardio Jump has a built-in tracking system that can monitor your workout progress, including the number of jumps, calories burned, and workout duration. It can also sync with fitness apps to help you keep track of your progress over time.