What happened on the first anniversary of the Madrid 3-11 train bombings?

• Thread starter Clausius2
  • Start date
In summary, on the first anniversary of the Madrid train bombings, 200 people were killed. The victims were workers, students, and immigrants from the outskirts of the city.
Clausius2
Science Advisor
Gold Member
First anniversary of Madrid 3-11 train bombings.

200 victims murdered by some muslim assassins. Workers, students, inmigrants, all people of modest social class from the outskirts, who went that morning to their usual places of work or study, unaware of they were going to loose their lives because of some imaginary and unfair cause, because of some muslim assassins who came from the Hell to put those bombs into the trains. Me, my father and my friends usually catch these metropolitan trains every morning. I didn't go to class that morning because I had a free day. But I woke up watching the terrible images on TV news. And God knows it was the first time in my life I cried watching something on TV. That people hadn't any blame of nothing, and they didn't worth such a fatal destiny.

Besides the 11th March is my birthday too, I want you to remember for a minute this cruel day for us, and also remember that people who lost their lives that early morning.

God Save Them.

Physics news on Phys.org
Very sad really. I can't imagine what's in the head of these persons that are able to kill other persons of the same species. If hate, ignorance and fanatism are the rules of our world, then better to say goodbye to the human species, cause there will not be humans in the 4th millennium. All of us will die nuked or wiped by some assassin bacteria or virus

Isn't it March 9-th today...?

Daniel.

P.S.Coincidence,i was born September 11-th.

Your country is in my heart and thoughts today, I hope such horrible events are a thing of the past.

hypatia said:
Your country is in my heart and thoughts today, I hope such horrible events are a thing of the past.

Thanks hypatia. We don't dare to afirm they are things of the past. Spain is a clear target in Europe for such assassins, no matter we have leaved Iraq some time ago.

dextercioby said:
P.S.Coincidence,i was born September 11-th.

Me too :eek:.

There's some sick people in the world :frown:.

1. What happened during the Madrid 11th March bombing?

The Madrid 11th March bombing, also known as the 2004 Madrid train bombings, was a series of coordinated terrorist attacks that took place in Madrid, Spain on the morning of March 11th, 2004. Ten explosions occurred on four commuter trains, killing 191 people and injuring around 2,000 others.

2. Who was responsible for the Madrid 11th March bombing?

A jihadist terrorist group called Al-Qaeda claimed responsibility for the Madrid 11th March bombing. The group sent a video to a Spanish TV station claiming that the attacks were in retaliation for Spain's involvement in the Iraq War.

3. How did the Spanish government respond to the Madrid 11th March bombing?

The Spanish government responded by declaring three days of national mourning and increasing security measures throughout the country. They also launched a comprehensive investigation into the attacks and worked with other countries to track down and arrest suspects.

4. Were there any significant outcomes or changes as a result of the Madrid 11th March bombing?

The Madrid 11th March bombing had a significant impact on Spain and the rest of the world. It led to changes in security policies and procedures, including increased international cooperation in counterterrorism efforts. The attacks also influenced Spanish politics, resulting in a change in government in the following elections.

5. How does the Madrid 11th March bombing continue to impact society today?

The Madrid 11th March bombing remains a tragic event that is still remembered and mourned by many. It serves as a reminder of the ongoing threat of terrorism and the need for continued vigilance and cooperation in preventing future attacks. The victims and their families continue to be honored and remembered, and the attacks have also sparked discussions and debates on issues such as immigration, radicalization, and national security.