Where Can I Study Oil Mechanics for My Master's Degree in Europe?

In summary: University of Oslo has a Petroleum Engineering program with the prerequisite of a bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field.
qadir-92
Hey Folk! I need your help! I am going to study abroad for my master degree, but I cannot find relevant university for my qualification. My qualification is Oil Mechanics (Mechanican engineering of OIL and gas, Oil machinery) and I want to study my master in the European countries, particulary in Germany. Who can help me?

Physics news on Phys.org
Why Germany? Why not somewhere like Western Australia, in the resources capital of the world. We have the North West Australian shelf which is only just being tapped now. Plus there have been some big oil deposits found around here. Oil and Natural Gas see big sectors in Australia and are just getting bigger.

University of Western Australia and Curtin University both have Oil and Gas masters programs

Napoleon said:
Why Germany? Why not somewhere like Western Australia, in the resources capital of the world. We have the North West Australian shelf which is only just being tapped now. Plus there have been some big oil deposits found around here. Oil and Natural Gas see big sectors in Australia and are just getting bigger.

University of Western Australia and Curtin University both have Oil and Gas masters programs

Thank your suggestions, but Germany is not important, I need European countries. Also there are many faculties regarding mechanical enginerring such as Mechatronics and robotics, automation, cars. BUT I NEED ONLY MECHANICAL ENGINEERING REGARDING OIL AND GAS. OIL MECHANICS. It is very urgent!

Could it be that you did not search for the correct terminology?

Here in the US, what you described can be categorized under "Petroleum engineering". In fact, it may also fall under Chemical Engineering if a school as a separate specialization in petroleum engineering. So you may want to do another search using such terminology in Europe.

Zz.

You're extremely unlikely to find such a qualification.

What you're looking for is just a standard mechanical engineering degree, because that'll be what teaches you most about mechanical engineering in the oil & gas industry.

http://www.uis.no/studies/master-s-programmes-in-english/petroleum-engineering/application-and-admission/

http://www.uis.no/studies/master-s-programmes-in-english/petroleum-geosciences-engineering/

They have the prerequisite bachelor degree's as well but those are in Norwegian.

1. What is an oil mechanics university?

An oil mechanics university is an institution of higher education that offers specialized courses and degree programs in the field of oil mechanics. This field combines principles of mechanical engineering and petroleum technology to train students in the design, production, and maintenance of machinery and equipment used in the oil and gas industry.

2. What are the job prospects for graduates of oil mechanics universities?

The job prospects for graduates of oil mechanics universities are generally very good. Graduates can find employment in various roles within the oil and gas industry, including as mechanical engineers, maintenance technicians, and project managers. The demand for skilled professionals in this field is expected to continue to grow as the oil and gas industry expands.

3. What courses are typically offered in an oil mechanics university?

Courses offered in an oil mechanics university may include topics such as fluid mechanics, heat transfer, thermodynamics, drilling engineering, petroleum production, and equipment design. Students may also have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience through laboratory work and internships.

4. What skills will I develop through studying at an oil mechanics university?

Studying at an oil mechanics university can help you develop a range of technical and practical skills, including problem-solving, critical thinking, and project management. You will also gain a deep understanding of the mechanical and technological aspects of the oil and gas industry, which will be valuable in your future career.

5. Are there any prerequisites for enrolling in an oil mechanics university?

The specific prerequisites for enrolling in an oil mechanics university may vary depending on the institution. However, most universities will require students to have a strong background in mathematics, physics, and chemistry. Some universities may also require students to have prior experience in the oil and gas industry or relevant technical training. It is best to check with the specific university for their specific requirements.