What is Mechanism of DNA double from 1N to 2N

In summary, during meiosis, germ cells are produced with only one set of chromosomes (n), while somatic cells have two sets (2n). However, errors can occur during meiosis, resulting in cells with 2n chromosomes instead of n. This is known as genome duplication.
markone
what is Mechanism of DNA double from 1N to 2N ?

Biology news on Phys.org
markone said:
what is Mechanism of DNA double from 1N to 2N ?

I didn't exactly get your question but i can give you a general idea about ploidy (number of chromosomes).

When a cell is not reproducing, it has two sets of each chromosome i.e. '2n' (diploid condition). Meiosis results in the production of germ cells which instead of two have just one set of each chromosome i.e. 'n' (haploid condition).

thank you
OK let make question clearly
after Meiosis
when we have tow cell each one has chromosome i.e. 'n' how double chromosome i.e to be
2n

markone said:
thank you
OK let make question clearly
after Meiosis
when we have tow cell each one has chromosome i.e. 'n' how double chromosome i.e to be
2n

I am really sorry but I still didn't get your question. Is it something like this?
How does a haploid cell turn into a diploid cell?

If this is the question then the answer is that haploid cells do not turn into diploid cells. All somatic cells (cells which are not germ cells) naturally have 2 sets of each chromosome. It is only the germ cell which help in reproduction that have only one set of the chromosomes.

I would suggest reading about cell division and the cell cycle to be clear about this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cell_cycle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitosis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meiosis
http://www.diffen.com/difference/Meiosis_vs_Mitosis

Markone, obviously, English isn't your first language! Are you referring to the the possibility of genome duplication as a meiosis error? This would lead to 2n chromosomes where there would normally be only n.

1. What is DNA?

DNA, or deoxyribonucleic acid, is a molecule that contains the genetic instructions for all living organisms. It is made up of a long sequence of nucleotides, which are composed of a sugar, a phosphate group, and one of four nitrogenous bases (adenine, thymine, guanine, and cytosine).

2. What does 1N and 2N refer to in DNA?

The terms 1N and 2N refer to the number of sets of chromosomes in a cell. 1N, also known as haploid, means that the cell contains one set of chromosomes, while 2N, also known as diploid, means that the cell contains two sets of chromosomes.

3. What is the mechanism of DNA doubling from 1N to 2N?

The mechanism of DNA doubling from 1N to 2N is called DNA replication. During this process, the two strands of the DNA molecule separate and each strand serves as a template for the synthesis of a new complementary strand. This results in two identical DNA molecules, each containing one original and one newly synthesized strand.

4. Why is DNA doubling important?

DNA doubling is important because it is essential for cell division and the growth and development of an organism. During cell division, the replicated DNA is passed on to the daughter cells, ensuring that each cell has the same genetic information as the parent cell. This process is crucial for maintaining genetic stability and passing on traits to future generations.

5. Can DNA doubling be altered or mutated?

Yes, DNA doubling can be altered or mutated due to errors during DNA replication or exposure to mutagens (agents that can cause mutations). Mutations in DNA doubling can lead to genetic disorders, diseases, or even beneficial adaptations in an organism's genetic makeup.