Register to reply

Calculating Flue Gas Losses, Shell Boiler

by eddiej90
Tags: boiler, flue, losses, shell
Share this thread:
eddiej90
Dec10-13, 06:46 AM
P: 11
I am currently performing an acceptance test for a newly installed gas fired shell boiler. I am following the British Standard "BS EN 12953-11:2003".

I have encountered a problem with equation (8.5-2) found on page 16 of the document described above. This problem being that a value of enthalpy is subtracted from itself, thus equating it to zero. Surely if this was correct then a value of zero would simply suffice within that section of the equation. The value i decribe is highlighted in the two images attached.

I have contacted the British Standard however it needs to run through a committee before they can produce an answer. Part of me does doubt my thoughts as it published ten years ago and a revised copy has not yet been published. Thought i'd best check with you guys though.
Attached Thumbnails
page 1.png   page 2.png  
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
DIY glove-based tutor indicates muscle-memory potential
Tricorder XPRIZE: 10 teams advance in global competition to develop consumer-focused diagnostic device
Study shows local seismic isolation and damping methods provide optimal protection for essential computing equipment
SteamKing
Dec10-13, 09:03 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
Thanks
PF Gold
P: 6,553
It's probably some kind of typo.
eddiej90
Dec10-13, 10:26 AM
P: 11
I've found that this document has many typos. You'd think a british standard that was published ten years ago and has been confirmed wouldn't contain silly little errors like that.

Register to reply