Weird Questions about Mass & Charge Field - Q1-Q7

• Thread starter AlienUFO
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Weird
In summary, mass is a measure of the amount of matter in an object and can be measured in units like kilograms or grams using instruments such as a balance or scale. Charge is a property of matter that determines its interaction with electric and magnetic fields and can be measured in units like coulombs using instruments like an electrometer or voltmeter. While mass and charge are two distinct properties of matter, they can influence each other through forces like gravity. The mass of an object affects its inertia while the charge determines its response to fields, ultimately determining its movement. According to the law of conservation of mass and charge, these properties cannot be created or destroyed but can be transferred or converted into different forms. This principle is a fundamental concept in physics
AlienUFO
Q1)Electron has both mass and electrical field, can we said that electron itself possesses both mass and electrical energies? What I really mean is when the electron move in high speed, there are increasing of kinetics energy of electrical field and mass energy? In term of relativistic...

Q2)I donno if it is true that charge exchange their field to produce force, if it is true, is the "exchange" is within the field or between the particles? (Using 2 electrons, for example) In photoelectric reaction, the reaction is upon of the field or the field due to the mass? What I mean is is the charge field is sustain around the charged particle or maintain by the (mass) particle, does these charge field move in light speed around? Charge field cannot be isolated except in photon, right?

Q3)Say an electron undergoes Lorent transformation in high speed, is it the contraction here means the distant of the charge field or the mass? Or maybe both? What I mean is is there any different of charge field of the mass in front and behind of that moving electron? Since I donno weither which that 'mass' or 'charge field' is wave, or not, or both.

Q4)Photon can't move any faster, the energy of it is depend on frequency. Mass cannot move in light speed, but the energy also increase on it's frequency, but what is the point?

Actually all question above are related, what I actually want to know more about 'properties' of mass and charge field, perhaps the 'bond' of mass and charge. I think I miss a lot of things, felt like I am just asking some unrelevent questions.

I have some extra question, but rather easier.
Q5)Let's say there is a simple working chemical cell, and when the two metal immerse into the solution, is it the cell instantly recognise "charge to flow" or delayed some time which depend on some kind of factor? The factor I mean here is maybe about quantum theory.

Q6)When 2 wire placed parallel together and had their current flow in the same direction, both wayer attracted to each other. But when 2 electron nearby to each other and go parallel in same direction, does the attraction force axist?

Q7)About the degree of photon can penetrate, I am lost, isn't the higher frequency the more penetrable? Then why we can receive phone calls inside elevator? Why the density of diamond is so high but still transparent?

Whoa... I ask so much, hopes people won't get so tired reading all this.

Physics news on Phys.org
A1)Yes, electrons possess both mass and electrical energy. When an electron is moving in high speed, its kinetic energy increases due to its relativistic mass increase, as well as its electrical field energy.A2)The exchange of field between two electrons is between the particles, although the field itself is produced by both the charge and the mass of each electron. In a photoelectric reaction, the reaction occurs due to the electric field created by the charged particle. The charge field moves at the speed of light around the charged particle, and can not be isolated except in photons. A3)When an electron undergoes Lorentz transformation in high speed, the contraction is of the distance between the charge and mass of the electron. There is no difference in the charge field or mass of the electron before and after the transformation.A4)The energy of a photon is dependent on its frequency, and because of this it is unable to move faster than the speed of light. Mass, on the other hand, does not have a frequency and so its energy does not increase with its speed. The point of this is that the energy of a photon is determined by its frequency, whereas the energy of a mass is determined by its speed.A5)When two metals are immersed into a solution, the cell will recognize the charges of the two metals and allow for charge to flow. This process is instantaneous, and does not depend on any quantum effects. A6)When two electrons are nearby to each other and travel parallel in the same direction, they will experience a repulsive force due to their like charges. A7)The degree of penetration of a photon depends on its frequency, with higher frequencies being more penetrable. However, this is not the only factor that determines the degree of penetration, as certain materials can absorb or reflect certain frequencies of light, which is why we can't receive phone calls inside an elevator. The density of diamond is high, but its internal structure allows it to transmit light, making it transparent.

A1) Yes, an electron possesses both mass and electrical energies. When an electron moves at high speeds, its kinetic energy and electrical field energy both increase. This can be explained by the concept of relativistic mass, where the mass of an object increases as its velocity increases.

A2) It is true that charges exchange their fields to produce force. This exchange occurs within the field between the particles. In photoelectric reactions, the reaction is caused by the field due to the mass of the particle. The charge field is sustained around the charged particle and it does move at the speed of light. Charge fields cannot be isolated except in the form of photons.

A3) In Lorentz transformations, the contraction refers to the distance of the mass. However, the charge field also experiences a contraction due to the relativistic effects of the moving electron. The charge field in front of and behind the moving electron is not affected differently. Both the mass and charge field can exhibit wave-like properties.

A4) The point is that the energy of a photon is directly proportional to its frequency, while the energy of a mass increases with its velocity. They both have different ways of increasing energy.

Q5) In a chemical cell, the charge flows instantly as soon as the circuit is completed. There is no delay due to quantum effects.

Q6) Yes, there is an attraction force between two parallel electrons moving in the same direction. This is due to the interaction of their respective charge fields.

Q7) The degree of penetration of a photon depends on its frequency and the material it is passing through. Higher frequency photons can penetrate further, but this also depends on the material's properties. In the case of phone calls inside an elevator, the frequency of the phone signal is relatively low and can pass through the elevator's walls. The density of diamond is high, but it has a unique crystal structure that allows light to pass through it.

1. What is mass and how is it measured?

Mass is a measure of the amount of matter in an object. It can be measured in units such as kilograms or grams using instruments like a balance or scale.

2. What is charge and how is it measured?

Charge is a property of matter that determines how it will interact with electric and magnetic fields. It can be measured in units such as coulombs using instruments like an electrometer or voltmeter.

3. What is the relationship between mass and charge?

Mass and charge are two distinct properties of matter and are not directly related to each other. However, mass can influence the behavior of charged particles through forces such as gravity.

4. How does the mass and charge of an object affect its movement in a field?

The mass of an object affects its inertia, or resistance to changes in motion, while the charge of an object determines its response to electric and magnetic fields. The combination of these properties determines the movement of an object in a field.

5. Can mass or charge be created or destroyed?

According to the law of conservation of mass and charge, these properties cannot be created or destroyed, only transferred or converted into different forms. This is a fundamental principle in physics.