Magnetic permeability of water vapour

In summary, the conversation is about searching for the magnetic permeability of water vapor and asking for help. A few resources are suggested, including a Wikipedia article and two scientific papers. It is also mentioned that spelling may have been a factor in not finding the information.
shellysharma
Searched all over, still could not find the magnetic permability of water vapour. Please help!. email me at shellysharma@yahoo.com if you know the value.

Thanks for your time!

Physics news on Phys.org
shellysharma said:
Searched all over, still could not find the magnetic permability of water vapour. Please help!. email me at shellysharma@yahoo.com if you know the value.

Thanks for your time!
I have no idea what this is about, but a little searching and I came up with http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S0104-66322004000200016" .

I found http://www.appchem.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/appchem/labs/kitazawa/magnet/res/nakagawa.pdf" .

Those may be no help, but if you spelled permeability the same way you did in your post (an easy mistake), that might explain why you didn't find anything. Try again with corrected spelling (if that was the case).

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the magnetic permeability of water vapour?

The magnetic permeability of water vapour refers to the ability of water vapour to be magnetized when exposed to a magnetic field.

2. How does the magnetic permeability of water vapour differ from that of liquid water?

The magnetic permeability of water vapour is significantly lower than that of liquid water. This is because the molecules of water vapour are more spread out and less organized compared to those in liquid water.

3. Why is the magnetic permeability of water vapour important in atmospheric science?

The magnetic permeability of water vapour plays a crucial role in atmospheric science as it affects the behavior of water vapour in the Earth's atmosphere. It influences the movement and distribution of water vapour, which in turn impacts weather patterns and climate.

4. Can the magnetic permeability of water vapour be changed?

Yes, the magnetic permeability of water vapour can be changed by altering its physical state. For example, when water vapour condenses into liquid water, its magnetic permeability increases.

5. How is the magnetic permeability of water vapour measured?

The magnetic permeability of water vapour can be measured using a device called a magnetometer. This instrument measures the strength and direction of magnetic fields and can be used to determine the magnetic permeability of various substances, including water vapour.