Moving Shock Tables: Fundamentals of Compressible Flow Mechanics

In summary, "Moving Shock Tables: Fundamentals of Compressible Flow Mechanics" is a comprehensive guide aimed at graduate students and professionals in the field of fluid mechanics. It covers topics such as equations of motion, shock wave theory, and the use of shock tables in solving problems related to compressible flow. Prior knowledge of fluid mechanics and compressible flow is recommended to fully understand the content. The knowledge gained from this book can be applied in various industries and research fields related to compressible flow.
potto
I have developed new tables for moving shock and I wonder if
any one has seen these kind of tables?
These tables appears in book
"fundamentals of compressible flow mechanics".
The book and software can be download from
www.potto.org.
If you seen these table please drop me a line.:blushing:

barmeir@gmail.com:smile:

Engineering news on Phys.org
This table is very helpful. I also found a textbook along with it that was also very useful.

1. What is the purpose of "Moving Shock Tables: Fundamentals of Compressible Flow Mechanics"?

The purpose of "Moving Shock Tables: Fundamentals of Compressible Flow Mechanics" is to provide a comprehensive guide to understanding the behavior of compressible fluids, specifically in the presence of moving shocks. This book covers the fundamentals of compressible flow mechanics, including the equations of motion, shock wave theory, and the application of shock tables in analyzing and solving problems related to compressible flow.

2. Who is the target audience for this book?

This book is primarily aimed at graduate students and researchers in the field of fluid mechanics, as well as professionals working in industries that deal with compressible fluids, such as aerospace and defense. However, it can also be a valuable resource for undergraduate students who have a strong foundation in mathematics and physics and are interested in learning more about compressible flow mechanics.

3. What are the main topics covered in this book?

The main topics covered in "Moving Shock Tables: Fundamentals of Compressible Flow Mechanics" include the equations of motion for compressible fluids, one-dimensional flow with shocks, oblique shocks, expansion waves, and the use of shock tables in solving problems related to compressible flow. The book also includes a chapter on numerical methods for solving compressible flow problems.

4. Do I need prior knowledge of compressible flow to understand this book?

Yes, this book assumes a basic understanding of fluid mechanics and compressible flow. It is recommended that readers have a strong foundation in mathematics, including differential equations and vector calculus, as well as a basic understanding of thermodynamics and fluid mechanics concepts such as continuity, energy, and momentum equations.

5. How can I apply the knowledge gained from this book?

The knowledge gained from this book can be applied in various fields where compressible flow is relevant, such as aerospace and defense, energy production, and atmospheric science. It can also be applied in research and development of new technologies and designs related to compressible fluids, and in solving real-world problems and challenges related to compressible flow.