Unknown Voltage Source and Current

In summary, the conversation suggests that the person asking for help is struggling with a problem involving a 9.1 ohm resistor and is seeking assistance from someone named Pantera. The responder suggests that the solution may already be available in a previous thread and encourages the person to take a closer look. Additionally, they offer two possible approaches for solving the problem: applying nodal equations or using loop equations.
pantera1441
I have no clue on this one either help me out a bit

Attachments

• physics3.JPG
    physics3.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 410
Engineering news on Phys.org
clue: what's the voltage on the 9.1 ohm resistor? then just keep going.

Pantera, if you look closer https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=159391" You might notice that I already solved a similar problem for you. I even did it in a step by step ;) So, I guess that you've to go back to the original thread and read it one more time, because the solution is there, you just can't see it. So take a better look ;)

You can either solve it by applying nodal equations as I did for you in another thread, or you can write two loop equations the describes the circuit.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is an unknown voltage source and current?

An unknown voltage source and current refers to an electrical circuit where the voltage and current values are not known or cannot be easily measured. This could be due to a faulty or damaged circuit or lack of equipment to measure the values.

2. How can unknown voltage source and current affect a circuit?

An unknown voltage source and current can cause unpredictable and potentially dangerous effects on a circuit. It can lead to overheating, short circuits, and damage to components. It can also affect the performance and accuracy of the circuit.

3. What are some ways to identify unknown voltage source and current?

One way to identify unknown voltage source and current is by using a multimeter, which can measure the voltage and current values in a circuit. Another method is to use a voltage divider circuit to determine the voltage source. In some cases, analyzing the circuit design and components can also help identify the voltage source and current.

4. How can unknown voltage source and current be dangerous?

Unknown voltage source and current can be dangerous because it can lead to unexpected and potentially hazardous conditions in a circuit. It can cause electrical shocks, fires, and damage to equipment. It is important to properly identify and measure the voltage and current in a circuit to ensure safety and proper functioning of the circuit.

5. How can one troubleshoot issues with unknown voltage source and current?

If you encounter an unknown voltage source and current in a circuit, it is important to first ensure your safety by turning off power to the circuit. Then, you can use a multimeter to measure the voltage and current values and compare them to the expected values in the circuit. If the values are significantly different, you may need to further troubleshoot the circuit for any faulty components or wiring. It may also be helpful to consult a professional or refer to the circuit's design and specifications for guidance.