Update of an old problem, the OP didnt put it down fully

• Thread starter Predator
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a physics problem involving a block, an applied force, and a spring force. The different parts of the problem include determining the block's position, the work done on the block by the applied force and spring force, and the block's position and kinetic energy when its kinetic energy is at a maximum. The original poster has already solved parts A, B, and C, but is seeking help with parts D and E before the deadline. They have not received any responses on their thread and are feeling frustrated.
Predator

Homework Statement

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=77424

It's that exact problem, except I need the latter parts to it.

(a) What is the position of the block?
m
(b) What is the work that has been done on the block by the applied force?
J
(c) What is the work that has been done on the block by the spring force?
J
During the block's displacement, find the following values.
(d) The block's position when its kinetic energy is maximum.
m
(e) The value of that maximum kinetic energy.
mJ

The Attempt at a Solution

I solved A by myself from Fx = 1/2kx^2. Solved for x.

Then for C, I did -1/2kx^2. And B = 1/2kx^2.

I need parts D and E. How would I go about solving them? I know that deltaK = Kf - Ki = W(applied force) + W(spring).

Physics news on Phys.org
OK, am I doing something? I never get any replies on any of my threads...can someone PLEASE help? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Come on guys please...this problem is due in about 1 hour on Webassign. ANY help would be appreciated. I was referred to this problem because supposedly it was the best but I'm not really seeing much help...=/

1. What is the old problem being updated?

The old problem being updated is not specified in the question. It could refer to any previous problem that has been revisited or revised in some way.

2. Why is the old problem being updated?

The old problem may be updated for various reasons, such as new information or technology becoming available, changes in societal or environmental conditions, or a desire to find a more effective solution.

3. What is the process for updating an old problem?

The process for updating an old problem may vary depending on the specific situation and the nature of the problem. Generally, it involves researching and gathering new information, analyzing the existing problem and potential solutions, and implementing changes or improvements.

4. What are the potential benefits of updating an old problem?

The potential benefits of updating an old problem include finding a more effective solution, improving efficiency or effectiveness, addressing new challenges or factors, and staying current with advancements in the field.

5. What are the challenges or limitations of updating an old problem?

There may be challenges or limitations in updating an old problem, such as limited resources or time, conflicting opinions or approaches, and potential resistance to change. It is important to carefully consider these factors and address them in the process of updating the problem.