Premium Member Holiday Discount

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary: or if... our powers are restored, I can still be a mentor.:uhh: You don't think our temporary loss of powers leaves us vulnerable to be tossed into the volcano, do you? :uhh: You don't think our temporary loss of powers leaves us vulnerable to be tossed into the volcano, do you? I don't think so. I'm just trying to be safe. :smile:I don't think so. I'm just trying to be safe.
Moonbear said:
It must be the forums we were assigned to that are still working...really weird that we'd retain some but not all mentor powers.

I think anyone can be assigned to moderate a forum and always have their powers in that forum. To appear green and to have powers everywhere you'd need to be in the moderator usergroup. I presume you got swapped from this to the contributor usergroup automatically when you updated your subscription.

Physics news on Phys.org
cristo said:
I think anyone can be assigned to moderate a forum and always have their powers in that forum. To appear green and to have powers everywhere you'd need to be in the moderator usergroup. I presume you got swapped from this to the contributor usergroup automatically when you updated your subscription.

It seems to be the case. We're not SUPER mentors anymore. :frown:

Moonbear said:
It seems to be the case. We're not SUPER mentors anymore. :frown:

Oh Moonbear; you're all super in our eyes!

Have I avoided a ban for my attempted raid on the fish yet? o:)

I am soooo glad that I didn't contribute tonight.

cristo said:
Oh Moonbear; you're all super in our eyes!

Have I avoided a ban for my attempted raid on the fish yet? o:)
Chocolate, cristo, chocolate!:uhh:

Evo said:

Yeah, me too! I hope you're keeping an eye on cristo and the fish locker!

I think Greg has to designate official times for mentors to contribute when he'll stick around to re-green us.

Moonbear said:
Yeah, me too! I hope you're keeping an eye on cristo and the fish locker!

I think Greg has to designate official times for mentors to contribute when he'll stick around to re-green us.
Have you tried calling him?

Evo said:
Don't you dare!

Evo said:
Have you tried calling him?

Nope, I think I left his number in my jeans in the mentor's forum. :tongue: Actually, I just don't know if it's too late to call him since he's offline. He was up late with the upgrades, so might be crashing early tonight.

Astronuc said:
Don't you dare!

Talk about a crash course on mentoring...if we all contributed tonight and left you to run the whole shop on your first weekend of mentoring...:devil: :rofl:

Geez, I take my eyes of you two and

Whoa, that was quick!

Thanks, Greg.

Astronuc said:
Whoa, that was quick!

Phew! I'm green again!

Astronuc said:
Whoa, that was quick!

Thanks, Greg.

Thanks for the call Astro! :)

Thanks, Greg!

So, I have Astro to thank for making the emergency call?

Thanks both of you!

Yes, thank you, too, Astro!

Math Is Hard said:
Thanks, Greg!
Just relax and don't worry about a thing, MIH. I have a trojan app buried deep in your account that can be activated with a keystroke. Then, like Paul Anka, I can slash like a hammer! (OK, I'm not sure exactly what that means, but he makes it sound really bad...)

Now...where's Cristo? I have to talk to him about some fish. :devil:

turbo-1 said:
Just relax and don't worry about a thing, MIH. I have a trojan app buried deep in your account that can be activated with a keystroke. Then, like Paul Anka, I can slash like a hammer! (OK, I'm not sure exactly what that means, but he makes it sound really bad...)

Hey, now. Better not! :grumpy:
p.s. I am listening to Allison Krauss and Robert Plant on iTunes.

Moonbear said:

oh, and I WILL be doing an inventory of the freezer!

Moonbear said:

Hey.. what's that I see.. the mailbox outside the mentor's door is suddenly full of belgian and swiss chocolate! o:)

cristo said:
Hey.. what's that I see.. the mailbox outside the mentor's door is suddenly full of belgian and swiss chocolate! o:)

*chompf* Mmm...yum. Hmm...maybe we can overlook a few missing fish. :uhh:

What missing fish?

*chomp crunch*

Moonbear said:
Talk about a crash course on mentoring...if we all contributed tonight and left you to run the whole shop on your first weekend of mentoring...:devil: :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: That would be a bit to handle today. [I suspect that Astronuc would handle it spectacularly] It seemed very strange the first time that I was the only staff member online, but back then we only had about 3000 members. :biggrin:

Uh oh, we gave the yellow bug to Ivan too!

It looks strange people being in yellow when you've only ever seen them in green. What a strange forum quirk. I bet when Greg implemented this offer he didn't think he could have lost his whole staff in one night.

I renewed my contribution 2 days before I became mentor. I don't know the renewal would have affected me.

Fortunately Evo remained green.

I was in another forum and saw Moobear in gold, and thought that she was still a mentor, but gold instead of green. When I came back to this thread, I landed on page 1 where I had last looked and where Moonbear was talking about renewing. Then I realized there were more posts, and I found that MIH was gold. Greg wasn't online at that point, so I wasn't sure a PM or email would work. That's when I called him, and a few minutes later, Moobear and MIH were restored.

Ivan's green again. Who's next? :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Who's next? :biggrin:

I lost my green. :shy::uhh: :wink:

That is my money when contributing.

Kurdt said:
I lost my green. :shy::uhh: :wink:

:rofl: Nice try.

Moonbear said:
:rofl: Nice try.

That was never going to work really was it. Suppose I better send all my Christmas chocolate before I get punished.

Kurdt said:
Suppose I better send all my Christmas chocolate before I get punished.

Now that will work. :approve:

I was going to yell at someone about the bad math on the subscription page but decided search for an explanation as to why 1 yr cost $10, 6 yrs costs $75, but the note says you get a discount for doing the 6 yr plan.

I may not understand linear algebra, but I'm smart enough to know that there was something wrong with someones math.

Anyways, consider me signed up.