What is change in the magnetic flux (delta B)?

In summary, the magnetic flux is changed by the interaction of two magnetic fields, and this change in flux is due to the laws of electricity and magnetism.
Physicsissuef
What is change in the magnetic flux (delta B)? Like on this http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/magnetic/emfchb.html"

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Well the magnetic flux is given by [itex]\Phi=BA[/itex] where B is magnetic flux density and A is the surface area.
So a field interacts with another magnetic field then the value of B changes and hence there should be a rate of change of flux. And by faraday's law, and emf is induced.

Is it like, when I approach magnet, than the magnetic domains of the coil get in line with the magnetic field of the magnet and when I get back the magnet, the magnetic domains of the coil are like in the first position? I mean, for the direction of the magnetic flux.

Last edited:
Can somebody help me to determine the direction of the magnetic flux of the coil?is that, something to do with the aligning of the magnetic domains?

Physicsissuef said:
Can somebody help me to determine the direction of the magnetic flux of the coil?is that, something to do with the aligning of the magnetic domains?

A coil like a solenoid? if so then to determine the direction of the magnetic flux you need to use the right hand grip rule

rock.freak667 said:
A coil like a solenoid? if so then to determine the direction of the magnetic flux you need to use the right hand grip rule
But, I thought in practical way. What happens with the flux?

And can you please explain me this quote from "Newton Ask A scientist"
These days, most hula hoops have beads in them. Let's pretend that if
the beads move inside the hoop they will generate wind through the hoop.
Let's say if they go clockwise, they generate a wind going in the direction
a screw would go if the beads were turning it. Let's say if you increase
the amount of air going in that same direction through the hoop, the beads
will feel forced to move (so far we have Faraday's law) counter-clockwise
(now we've added Lenz's law).
How is it possible that increasing the amount of air will change the direction of the beads?
Here is the whole topic:
http://www.Newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/phy99/phy99x61.htm

1. What is the definition of change in the magnetic flux?

Change in the magnetic flux, denoted by ΔB, is a measure of the change in the magnetic field passing through a given area over a period of time. It is calculated by taking the difference between the initial and final values of the magnetic flux.

2. How is change in the magnetic flux related to Faraday's law of induction?

According to Faraday's law of induction, the induced electromotive force (EMF) in a closed loop is directly proportional to the rate of change of the magnetic flux passing through the loop. This means that a larger change in magnetic flux will result in a larger induced EMF.

3. What causes a change in the magnetic flux?

A change in the magnetic flux can be caused by various factors such as a change in the magnetic field strength, a change in the area of the loop, or a change in the orientation of the loop with respect to the magnetic field. It can also be caused by the movement of the magnet or the loop itself.

4. How is change in the magnetic flux measured?

The change in the magnetic flux can be measured using a magnetic flux meter or by using a voltmeter to measure the induced EMF in a closed loop. It can also be calculated using the formula ΔB = Bf - Bi, where Bf is the final magnetic field strength and Bi is the initial magnetic field strength.

5. What are some real-life applications of change in the magnetic flux?

Change in the magnetic flux is the basis for many important technologies such as generators, transformers, and electric motors. It is also used in magnetic data storage devices like hard drives and credit cards. Additionally, changes in the magnetic flux are studied in fields such as geophysics and space weather to better understand the Earth's magnetic field and its effects on our planet.