Questions About Common Health Issues and Treatments

• Medical
  • Thread starter noagname
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Couple
In summary, the conversation discusses various questions about the human body, including how viruses spread and how antibiotics work, the role of water and sweat in fighting sickness, how to increase white and red blood cells, the time it takes for a cut to heal, the meaning of ear popping, and the stages of sleep and the presence of dreams.
noagname
I am new at this but i want to make sure i know what i am talking about
I have researched all of these things but i am not getting a straight answer so i came you

1. When you get sick(common cold/virus) what happens?
Does virus go into each cell and take its nutrients.
Then after that does it keep on spreading and then your body tries to kill it and then you get fever and runny stuffy nose.

1.5. When you take antibiotics how does it kill bacteria?
i know they don't work on viruses because there are so many different forms of the virus

2. Where is water stored, and does it help to sweat when you are sick.
I know you are supposed to drink a lot, but why
is that because your body needs the nutrients that are lost in killing the virus

3. How do you get your self more white/red blood cells?
I heard eating tomatoes helps in getting red blood cells

4.If your vain gets cut open how long will it take to kill you or clot up

5. When your ear pops what does that mean?
isn't it where the pressure inside and outside and not the same
if that is true at what pressure does this happen?

6. Is it true that when you sleep your body goes through 45 minute intervals
and that is cut up into first 15 minutes it is a light sleep then something and Last REM
right i learned thing a couple years back so i don't remember much
and where does dreams come in

Last edited:
Biology news on Phys.org
This is far too much for any single thread. Each of your questions can be a thread of its own, so I'm locking this one. Please create separate threads for the separate questions (I'm locking instead of deleting so you can still view your questions and copy them).

I am glad to see that you are taking an interest in understanding common health issues and treatments. I will do my best to provide accurate and concise answers to your questions.

1. When you get sick (common cold/virus), it is usually due to a virus or bacteria invading your body. The virus or bacteria can enter your body through various means, such as through the air or by coming into contact with contaminated surfaces. Once inside your body, the virus or bacteria will attach to your cells and use them to replicate and spread. Your body's immune system will then try to fight off the invading virus or bacteria, which can result in symptoms such as fever and runny/stuffy nose. The virus or bacteria do not take nutrients from your cells, but they can damage them in the process of replicating.

1.5. Antibiotics work by targeting specific parts of bacteria, such as their cell walls or protein synthesis machinery, and disrupting their ability to survive and reproduce. This ultimately leads to the death of the bacteria. Antibiotics do not work on viruses because viruses have different structures and mechanisms than bacteria, making them resistant to antibiotics.

2. Water is stored in various parts of our body, including our cells, blood, and tissues. When we are sick, our body needs more water to help flush out toxins and fight off the virus or bacteria. Sweating can also be helpful in reducing fever and removing toxins from the body. Drinking water is important because it helps replenish the fluids lost through sweating and also provides hydration for our cells to function properly.

3. Red and white blood cells are produced in the bone marrow. Eating a balanced and nutritious diet can help in the production of these cells. Tomatoes contain vitamin C, which is important for the production of red blood cells. However, it is important to note that simply eating tomatoes will not significantly increase your red blood cell count. It is important to have a well-rounded and healthy diet to support the production of these cells.

4. The time it takes for a vein to clot and stop bleeding depends on various factors, such as the size of the cut, location, and overall health of the individual. In general, a small cut on the skin should clot within a few minutes, but a larger or deeper cut may take longer. If you are experiencing excessive bleeding, it is important to seek medical attention.

5. When your ear pops, it means that the pressure inside and outside of your ear

1. What are the most common health issues that people face?

The most common health issues that people face include cardiovascular diseases, obesity, diabetes, mental health disorders, and respiratory diseases.

2. How can I prevent common health issues?

To prevent common health issues, it is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle. This includes eating a balanced diet, exercising regularly, getting enough sleep, managing stress, and avoiding harmful substances like tobacco and excessive alcohol consumption.

3. What are the most effective treatments for common health issues?

The most effective treatments for common health issues vary depending on the specific condition. For example, cardiovascular diseases may require medication, surgery, or lifestyle changes. Mental health disorders may be treated with therapy, medication, or a combination of both. It is important to consult with a healthcare professional to determine the best treatment plan for your specific health issue.

4. Are there any natural remedies for common health issues?

There are some natural remedies that may help with certain health issues, such as using essential oils for stress relief or herbal supplements for digestive issues. However, it is important to consult with a healthcare professional before trying any natural remedies, as they may interact with medications or may not be effective for everyone.

5. How can I find reliable information about common health issues and treatments?

One of the best ways to find reliable information about common health issues and treatments is to consult with a healthcare professional. Additionally, reputable websites and organizations such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) provide reliable and up-to-date information on various health issues and treatments.