Stealth Technology: Info for Paper Presentation

• Thread starter gyanendra1987
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Technology
In summary, the conversation revolves around a user's request for information on stealth technology for their paper presentation. The other users suggest doing some research on their own before asking for specific help. They also mention the use of anechoic chambers and ask the user to share what they have learned so far.
gyanendra1987
i want the information on stealth technology so that i can present my paper presentation

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF gyanendra! I like the demanding tone, we may have a future manager here.
Have you tried what you could find with google or wikkipedia first? Is there anything specific you are looking for?

Seconded. We try to be helpful here, but we're not slaves.

i am needy and have shortage of the time to gather the information on the stealth technology to present pp.....
that i do not it to depict that you are slaves but i am in need so i had requested to all the members of the physics forum...

gyanendra1987 said:
i am needy and have shortage of the time to gather the information on the stealth technology to present pp.....
that i do not it to depict that you are slaves but i am in need so i had requested to all the members of the physics forum...

You still need to tell us what you know so far. We are not going to write your paper for you. What have you learned so far at wikipedia.org, howstuffworks.com, etc., on stealth technology? You need to do that reading first, and then come back with more specific questions.

And as a Quiz Question for you, what are the two main components of radar-stealth technology? What other forms of stealth technology are also useful for aircraft?

Hint: (My apologies, Berkeman, if this is unwelcome.)
Think of an anechoic chamber such as is used to test loudspeakers or similar stuff. Some of the same principles apply.

Danger said:
Hint: (My apologies, Berkeman, if this is unwelcome.)
Think of an anechoic chamber such as is used to test loudspeakers or similar stuff. Some of the same principles apply.

No worries, Danger.

I'm moving this thread to Homework Help, since it is coursework (basic project report work), and I want to be sure the OP does the bulk of the work on this one.

1. What is stealth technology?

Stealth technology, also known as low observable technology, is a set of techniques used to make an aircraft, ship, or other object less visible to radar, infrared, sonar, and other detection methods. This allows the object to operate undetected or with reduced detection by enemy forces.

2. How does stealth technology work?

Stealth technology works by reducing the radar cross-section (RCS) of an object. This is achieved through a combination of techniques such as shaping the object to deflect radar waves away from the source, using special materials that absorb or reflect radar waves, and minimizing the use of sharp edges and corners that can reflect radar waves.

3. What are the benefits of stealth technology?

The main benefit of stealth technology is the ability to operate undetected or with reduced detection by enemy forces. This can give a military advantage by allowing an aircraft or ship to enter enemy territory undetected, gather intelligence, or carry out a surprise attack. Stealth technology also allows for safer operations by reducing the risk of detection and attack.

4. How has stealth technology evolved over time?

Stealth technology has evolved significantly since its inception in the 1960s. Early stealth aircraft, such as the F-117 Nighthawk, used a combination of flat surfaces and angles to deflect radar waves. Modern stealth aircraft, such as the F-22 Raptor and F-35 Lightning II, use more advanced shaping techniques and materials to achieve even lower radar cross-sections. Additionally, advancements in computing and sensor technology have allowed for more advanced stealth capabilities.

5. Are there any limitations to stealth technology?

While stealth technology is highly effective, it is not without limitations. One major limitation is that stealth technology is designed to reduce detection by radar waves, but it is not effective against all detection methods. For example, an object may still be visible to visual or infrared detection. Additionally, the cost of developing and maintaining stealth technology can be prohibitive for some countries or organizations.