Help Me Find Df & k Values Using Non-Linear Regression

I'm not sure which parameters you want to use.In summary, the speaker is requesting help to solve a non-linear equation using software. They have provided the equation, data, and parameters and need assistance fitting the data to find Df and k values. The conversation also includes a table of values for t and m. The equation appears to be incomplete and clarification on which parameters to use is needed.
ayildirim10
Dear everybody,
I wave an equation with datas and want to regress in non linear form with plot.
Would you help me to solve the equation bellow by any softwares, please?
The data, the equation and parameters are given bellow. I want to fit the data to non-linear equation to find Df and k values.
I just need help.
Your sincerely,,

M=Mo + (Mo - Ms)*Pi*8*r*Ms*
a [Sum[((k*r^2 + Pi^2*a n^2)*k*r^2*t -
Pi^2*r^2*a n^2 - (Pi^2*r^2*a) n^2*
Exp[-t*(k*r^2 + a*Pi^2 n^2)/r^2])/(k*r^2 + n^2 a*Pi^2)^2]

n=1000
ms=146.5
mo=11.58
r=0.003975

t m
0 11.58
30 72.61
60 97.89
90 106.05
120 109.63
150 117.02
180 119.57
210 125.99
240 129.56
270 132.85

Last edited by a moderator:
Technology news on Phys.org

Dear [Name],

Thank you for reaching out for help with your non-linear regression problem. I will do my best to guide you in finding the Df and k values using the given data and equation.

First, it is important to note that non-linear regression requires specialized software to fit the data to the equation. Some commonly used software for non-linear regression include R, MATLAB, and Python. You can also use online tools such as Wolfram Alpha or GraphPad Prism.

To begin, let's break down the equation and understand the parameters given. The equation you provided is a non-linear function with two unknown parameters, Df and k. The data given consists of two variables, t and m, which represent time and mass, respectively.

To fit the data to the equation, we will use the method of least squares, which minimizes the sum of the squared differences between the observed and predicted values. This can be done using the software mentioned above.

Once you have chosen your preferred software, you can input the equation and data to perform the non-linear regression. The software will provide you with the best-fit values for Df and k, as well as a plot showing how well the equation fits the data.

I hope this helps you in finding the Df and k values using non-linear regression. If you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out again.

Best,

1. What is non-linear regression?

Non-linear regression is a statistical method used to model relationships between variables that are not linearly related. It involves fitting a non-linear function to a set of data points in order to make predictions or understand the underlying relationships between the variables.

2. How do I find the DF and k values using non-linear regression?

The DF (degrees of freedom) and k (slope) values can be found by using statistical software or by manually calculating them from the non-linear regression equation. The DF represents the number of data points minus the number of parameters in the model, while the k value represents the slope of the non-linear function.

3. What is the difference between linear and non-linear regression?

Linear regression involves fitting a straight line to a set of data points, while non-linear regression involves fitting a non-linear function to the data. Linear regression assumes that the relationship between the variables is linear, while non-linear regression allows for more complex relationships.

4. How do I know if non-linear regression is the appropriate method to use?

Non-linear regression is typically used when the relationship between the variables is not linear, and when the data cannot be transformed to make it linear. It is also important to have a sufficient amount of data points and a good understanding of the underlying relationship between the variables before using non-linear regression.

5. What are some common applications of non-linear regression?

Non-linear regression is commonly used in fields such as biology, chemistry, physics, and economics to model complex relationships between variables. It is also used in machine learning and data analysis to make predictions and identify underlying patterns in data.