Need Energy & Advice After Late Night

• Thread starter _Mayday_
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Energy
In summary: I tried relentless juice drink. Atleast when it comes to the end of the day you can get to sleep easily, and when the next day is a public holiday a sleep in is a definate.take a shower with this:http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/accessories/5a65/
_Mayday_
I'm an idiot! I had a late night last night, and need to do a lot of work today. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to liven up a bit? I'm off down the shops in an hour or so to get myself an energy drink, what else can you advise? I know one reccomendation is to have an earlier night, anything else? :frown:

_Mayday_

Physics news on Phys.org
Cold shower? (I doubt that'll work, and it'll just be painful!) Try some coffee, that always seems to do the job!

I'll give it a bash! maybe Caffene will get me through the day.

cristo said:
Cold shower? (I doubt that'll work, and it'll just be painful!) Try some coffee, that always seems to do the job!

Actually, a hot shower usually helps me liven up...soothes all those muscles that seem to be screaming "ow, ow, I don't want to be up, go back to bed darnit!"

Some exercise can help too...a brisk walk out in fresh air.

You know what always wakes me up? A nice long nap.

An apple is supposed to wake you up just as well as a cup of coffee.
I'm not sure if it's true since they always just give me stomach aches.

TheStatutoryApe said:
An apple is supposed to wake you up just as well as a cup of coffee.
I'm not sure if it's true since they always just give me stomach aches.

Never worked for me. Though, the smell of citrus helps me...I don't actually have to eat it, just being around someone else eating an orange or grapefruit and smelling it perks me up.

What brand of energy drink? I tried Guru, didn't work, then tried Monster and I was peeing every 10 minutes for the next 1 hr and half. (Not exaggerating, it was a 791 ml can)

motornoob101 said:
What brand of energy drink? I tried Guru, didn't work, then tried Monster and I was peeing every 10 minutes for the next 1 hr and half. (Not exaggerating, it was a 791 ml can)

Well, that kept you awake, didn't it? :biggrin: That's the effect of all the caffeine...it's a diuretic among other things.

I tried relentless juice drink. Atleast when it comes to the end of the day you can get to sleep easily, and when the next day is a public holiday a sleep in is a definate.

Take a shower with this:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/accessories/5a65/"

Last edited by a moderator:
Moonbear said:
Well, that kept you awake, didn't it? :biggrin: That's the effect of all the caffeine...it's a diuretic among other things.

Yeah it kept me awake for a good 4 hours. (Which was quite amazing considering I had 4 hrs of sleep in like 48 hrs. )

1. How does lack of sleep affect my energy levels?

Not getting enough sleep can lead to feeling tired and sluggish the next day. Sleep is essential for restoring energy levels and giving your body time to repair and rejuvenate.

2. What can I do to increase my energy after a late night?

There are several things you can do to boost your energy after a late night. Try drinking a cup of coffee or tea, taking a short nap, going for a walk, or doing some light exercise. Eating a nutritious breakfast and staying hydrated can also help.

3. How does caffeine affect my energy levels?

Caffeine is a stimulant that can temporarily increase alertness and energy levels. However, consuming too much caffeine can lead to jitters, anxiety, and disrupted sleep patterns.

4. Is it better to sleep in or wake up at my usual time after a late night?

It is generally recommended to stick to your regular sleep schedule, even after a late night. This will help maintain a consistent sleep pattern and prevent further disruption to your energy levels.

5. Can lack of sleep affect my overall health?

Yes, chronic sleep deprivation can have negative effects on both physical and mental health. It can increase the risk of obesity, heart disease, and other health issues. It can also lead to mood changes, irritability, and difficulty concentrating.