Airline Horror Stories: Tales of Unexpected Adventure

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, this story is about a plane that loses three engines and the passengers have to wait for hours.
Physics news on Phys.org
LOL! In the one titled: "The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire"
I liked this comment:
"24. Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself."

The title of your post makes me think of one of the most hilarious Gary Larsen cartoons I have ever seen. If I remember it right, there's a passenger sitting in a window seat and on the arm-rest there are all these little knobs and buttons he can fiddle with during the flight.
One particular switch is labeled "Wings fall off/ Wings stay on".

One thing you definitely don't want to hear from the captain is "This is your captain speaking. We've lost control of the aircraft, and are currently falling at a rate of [Insert fast speed here]. The copilot and I are parachuting down for help."

Not good. :eek:

The captain says over the speaker, "I'm sorry to report that we have just lost the use of one of our engines. Please don't panic, we can fly fine on the remaining engines, but it will take us about an hour later to get to our destination."

One passenger turns to another and says, "Great, just great. I'm already going to be late for my meeting."

A few minutes later the Captain says, "I'm sorry to report that we have just lost the use of a second engine. The plane will fly slower but we can fly on the remaining engines. It will, however, take us about another additional hour to get to our destination."

The passenger turns to the other and says, "This is unbelievable. Two hours late!"

A few minutes later the Captain says, "Everyone please fasten your seat belts we have just lost a third engine. Please don't panic the plane can fly on one engine, we will just be arriving an additional two hours later."

The passenger turns to the other and says, "Can you believe this? If we lose that fourth engine we'll be up here all night!" :rofl: :smile:

Artman said:
The passenger turns to the other and says, "Can you believe this? If we lose that fourth engine we'll be up here all night!" :rofl: :smile:

That is bad... but so funny. :rofl: :rofl:

The Bob (2004 ©)

1. What is the genre of "Airline Horror Stories: Tales of Unexpected Adventure"?

The genre of this book is horror fiction, specifically focusing on the theme of unexpected and terrifying experiences on airplanes.

2. Are the stories in this book based on true events or completely fictional?

The stories in this book are a mix of both. Some are based on true events, while others are completely fictional. The author has taken inspiration from real-life airline horror stories to create a thrilling and suspenseful read.

3. Can this book be enjoyed by someone who is not a fan of horror?

While the book falls under the horror genre, it can still be enjoyed by those who may not typically gravitate towards horror. The stories are well-written and engaging, and the unexpected adventure element adds an exciting twist to the traditional horror genre.

4. Does this book contain any graphic or disturbing content?

As with any horror book, there may be some scenes or descriptions that some readers may find disturbing. However, the author has kept the content within a reasonable limit and has not included any excessively graphic or disturbing content.

5. Are the stories in this book interconnected or standalone?

The stories in this book are standalone and do not have a direct connection to each other. However, they all revolve around the theme of airline horror and unexpected adventure, creating a cohesive reading experience.