Small software upgrade next wednesday

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, the site will be down for approx. 1 hour for a software update. Everything should be back to normal afterwards. Be patient, and remember to check the blog for updates or check the map for fire drill information.
Hi Greg, when I see the 49.99 I hit my return button and the 49.99 disappears instead of going onto the line. when I then click the icon next to the line I go to a new window that says invalid currency selected. I'm using a Mac Lion laptop and don't know much about computers.My daughter will be home from school in a few hours if the two of us can't resolve this. Thanx again.

Physics news on Phys.org
Great update!

I have one question though: Why am I the only one on PF that has to go public with my stupid infractions? I mean... not even permanently banned bums seem to have gone thru this joyful experience??

Are Swedes and meatballs really so unpopular... that we have to cope with this... :frown:

15eitcp.png

(:smile:)

DevilsAvocado said:
I have one question though: Why am I the only one on PF that has to go public with my stupid infractions?
That line isn't visible to others. At least it's not visible to me. I also don't see a line like that when I look at my own posts, but maybe it depends on what sort of infractions you have received, or when you received them.

(I'm Swedish, and I'm probably going to eat meatballs today :smile:).

Everyone sees ONLY THEIR OWN ACTIVE warnings and infractions.

jcw99 said:
Hi Greg, when I see the 49.99 I hit my return button and the 49.99 disappears instead of going onto the line. when I then click the icon next to the line I go to a new window that says invalid currency selected. I'm using a Mac Lion laptop and don't know much about computers.My daughter will be home from school in a few hours if the two of us can't resolve this. Thanx again.

hmmm, is it possible for you to try a different browser? What are you using? Can anyone else help test this and confirm?

DevilsAvocado said:
Great update!

I have one question though: Why am I the only one on PF that has to go public with my stupid infractions? I mean... not even permanently banned bums seem to have gone thru this joyful experience??

Only you and staff can see the postbit infraction box.

I figured it out - I was clicking on the amount when I should have been hitting the enter-return key when I saw the amount drop down - now I just have to wait for my wife to get home to get her paypal number. Sorry for any confusion I've caused you. Have a nice Thanksgiving!

Borek said:
Everyone sees ONLY THEIR OWN ACTIVE warnings and infractions.
Greg Bernhardt said:
Only you and staff can see the postbit infraction box.

Okay guys... I have some "deleting pictures" to do... in a hurry... (I probably won’t have time to visit this thread ever again :redface:)...

But, please don’t tell me this has been the case all the time (pre update)??

[No worries, I’m scheduling a meeting with Dr. Alzheimer in any case]

Fredrik said:
That line isn't visible to others. At least it's not visible to me. I also don't see a line like that when I look at my own posts, but maybe it depends on what sort of infractions you have received, or when you received them.

(I'm Swedish, and I'm probably going to eat meatballs today :smile:).

YES! IKEA FOOD! :!)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c7/Food_006.JPG/400px-Food_006.JPG [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
DevilsAvocado said:
Great update!

Are Swedes and meatballs really so unpopular... that we have to cope with this... :frown:

15eitcp.png
(:smile:)

You have infinity infractions?!

Dembadon said:
You have infinity infractions?!

Yep, that seems to be the fact. The good thing though, until now, only I and the mentors knew about this horrific user profile... and then... I think I blow it... :frown:

;)

DevilsAvocado said:
Yep, that seems to be the fact. The good thing though, until now, only I and the mentors knew about this horrific user profile... and then... I think I blow it... :frown:

;)
Actually the two zeros mean that you have no infractions. The 1 means one zero point warning/FYI.

Evo said:
Actually the two zeros mean that you have no infractions. The 1 means one zero point warning/FYI.

Okay, thanks Evo, that feels much better... ahh, zero infractions... I am a good avocado after all... ;)

DevilsAvocado said:
Yep. You blew it. Now everyone knows. Ordinary members cannot see other members' infractions; they can only see their own.

Redbelly98 said:
Threads with zero replies are not highlighted.

This is the main thing I noticed. When I'm trying to optimize my PF viewing (cram as much PF into a few precious moments of break) I look for new posts this way while flying through forums.

Having threads with zero replies highlighted is also an aid to homework helpers, science advisors, and mentors.

It would be nice to have that feature back.

D H said:
Having threads with zero replies highlighted is also an aid to homework helpers, science advisors, and mentors.

It would be nice to have that feature back.

KAAAAZAM! It is back! :D

Greg Bernhardt said:
KAAAAZAM! It is back! :D
KAAAAZAM! Very nice.

<h2>1. When is the small software upgrade taking place?</h2><p>The small software upgrade is scheduled for next Wednesday.</p><h2>2. What changes can we expect from the software upgrade?</h2><p>The software upgrade will include bug fixes, performance improvements, and possibly new features.</p><h2>3. Will the software upgrade affect our current data or settings?</h2><p>No, the software upgrade should not affect any existing data or settings. However, we recommend backing up important data as a precaution.</p><h2>4. Do we need to take any actions before or after the software upgrade?</h2><p>No, there is no need to take any actions before or after the software upgrade. The upgrade will be automatically applied to all systems.</p><h2>5. How long will the software upgrade take?</h2><p>The software upgrade is expected to take approximately 2 hours. During this time, there may be temporary interruptions in service, but we will do our best to minimize any disruptions.</p>

1. When is the small software upgrade taking place?

The small software upgrade is scheduled for next Wednesday.

2. What changes can we expect from the software upgrade?

The software upgrade will include bug fixes, performance improvements, and possibly new features.

3. Will the software upgrade affect our current data or settings?

No, the software upgrade should not affect any existing data or settings. However, we recommend backing up important data as a precaution.

4. Do we need to take any actions before or after the software upgrade?

No, there is no need to take any actions before or after the software upgrade. The upgrade will be automatically applied to all systems.

5. How long will the software upgrade take?

The software upgrade is expected to take approximately 2 hours. During this time, there may be temporary interruptions in service, but we will do our best to minimize any disruptions.