Bilateral trade between all countries

• Thread starter Office_Shredder
  • Start date
  • Tags
    trade
In summary, the conversation is about finding a database that contains the bilateral trade between all countries and is available for download in a csv file. The participants suggest several websites, including one that is not free, where this information can be found.
Office_Shredder
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I'm interested in finding a database that contains the bilateral trade (imports/exports) between every pair of countries. I've done some googling and I can't find it all contained in one place. Preferably if it was in a downloadable csv file (which would basically be a godsend for me) but beggars can't be choosers. Does anyone know where I can find such a thing?

Physics news on Phys.org
This site probably has what you want, but it's not free.

http://legacy.intracen.org/marketanalysis/

Last edited by a moderator:

What is bilateral trade?

Bilateral trade is the exchange of goods and services between two countries. It involves the buying and selling of goods and services without the involvement of any other countries.

What are the benefits of bilateral trade?

Bilateral trade allows for specialization and efficient allocation of resources, leading to increased productivity and economic growth. It also promotes competition, encourages innovation, and allows for access to a wider variety of goods and services at lower prices.

What are the potential drawbacks of bilateral trade?

Bilateral trade can create trade imbalances and result in a dependence on certain countries for specific goods. It can also lead to job losses in certain industries and harm domestic producers who cannot compete with cheaper imported goods.

How is bilateral trade different from multilateral trade?

Bilateral trade involves only two countries, while multilateral trade involves multiple countries. Bilateral trade agreements are negotiated between two countries, while multilateral trade agreements involve multiple countries negotiating together.

How does bilateral trade affect global economic growth?

Bilateral trade can positively impact global economic growth by creating more opportunities for trade and investment between countries. It can also lead to the transfer of knowledge and technology, which can benefit developing countries. However, it can also contribute to unequal distribution of wealth and resources among countries.