Download the free PF App for iPhone/Android phones

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, the new PF App is based off the TapaTalk app, is very similar, and supports tex and list subscribed threads. There is a problem with not supporting LaTeX and I can't seem to find a way to list my subscribed threads. However, the subscribed threads are in Favorites. The app looks clean and supports Dark mode. There is a bug with white space around quotes, and the logo is not shown when starting the app. The app has been updated to version 2.4.4.1 and has 85 installs in under a week.
I'd make the white background of the app's icon transparent. It's really ugly in contrast with all the other icons.
And I was searching on how to enable latex on android, but apparently I don't need to ask. :)

Physics news on Phys.org
@Greg Bernhardt The app is good, with four problems:

1. The TeX-LaTex problem, which you have already said before.

2. I cannot move it to SD card. Without this, I might have to uninstall the app as my phone memory is small. Please give more importance to this.

3. Why does it need my location?

4. Why does it show me this even after granting permission to access photos?

Screenshot_20171105-212353.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171105-212353.png
    Screenshot_20171105-212353.png
    18.1 KB · Views: 633
It says the app is unavailable for my country :/

There's still a “install the app” section on the mobile website even though the app isn't available anymore. Just a heads-up.

Last edited:
CynicusRex said:
There's still a “install the app” section on the mobile website even though the app isn't available any more. Just a heads-up.
@Greg Bernhardt

CynicusRex said:
There's still a “install the app” section on the mobile website even though the app isn't available any more. Just a heads-up.
Can you be more specific about where? What is the mobile website?

Greg Bernhardt said:
Can you be more specific about where? What is the mobile website?
Simply the website you open on a mobile device. In my case: Android, using Kiwi browser.
photo_2021-08-18_23-36-16.jpg

CynicusRex said:
Simply the website you open on a mobile device. In my case: Android, using Kiwi browser.
Interesting, I can't reproduce on an iPhone. Try clicking install. I wonder if this is for the PWA.

Doesn't happen for me either in Firefox on Android, but I installed Kiwi and there I can reproduce @CynicusRex's screenshot.

Ibix said:
Doesn't happen for me either in Firefox on Android, but I installed Kiwi and there I can reproduce @CynicusRex's screenshot.
What happens when you click install? I just installed Kiwi and it doesn't show for me.

Greg Bernhardt said:
What happens when you click install?
Nothing. Other functions on the menu work. Interestingly, viewing source, it seems to be in a div with class "offCanvasMenu-installBanner js-installPromptContainer" which has style "display: none". I can't seem to copy the HTML to clipboard so here's a screenshot:
Screenshot_20210819-004834_Kiwi Browser.jpg

Likes CynicusRex and Greg Bernhardt
Is it possible that are seeing a years old cached version?

anorlunda said:
Is it possible that are seeing a years old cached version?
I don't think so - there are threads I recognise from today visible.

I also see this. I'm using Chrome 92.0 on a Android 11. Clicking the link installs the app on my device.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210818-181437.png
    Screenshot_20210818-181437.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 103
Ygggdrasil said:
Clicking the link installs the app on my device.
Does it just add an icon app to your app menu? I'm thinking this is the PWA functionality.

I looks like it installed the app from Google Play. I did not try opening it to confirm (I uninstalled it), but can try to see if it will open the app if it would be helpful to you.

Ygggdrasil said:
I looks like it installed the app from Google Play. I did not try opening it to confirm (I uninstalled it), but can try to see if it will open the app if it would be helpful to you.
That would be alarming because it should not exist in Google Play.

It looks like the "app" that gets downloaded is just a bookmark that opens the PF page.

Likes Greg Bernhardt
<h2>1. What is the PF App and what does it do?</h2><p>The PF App is a mobile application available for both iPhone and Android phones. It is a free app that allows you to easily access your PF account, track your workouts, and find nearby PF locations.</p><h2>2. How do I download the PF App on my phone?</h2><p>To download the PF App, simply go to the App Store for iPhone or the Google Play Store for Android. Search for "PF App" and click on the download or install button. The app will then be downloaded and installed on your phone.</p><h2>3. Do I need a PF membership to use the app?</h2><p>Yes, you will need a PF membership to use the app. You can either sign up for a membership through the app or use your existing membership information to log in.</p><h2>4. Can I track my workouts with the PF App?</h2><p>Yes, the PF App has a workout tracker feature that allows you to log your workouts, set goals, and track your progress. You can also sync your workouts with other fitness tracking apps for a more comprehensive view of your fitness journey.</p><h2>5. Is the PF App available in all countries?</h2><p>The PF App is currently only available in the United States and Canada. We are working on expanding to other countries in the future, so stay tuned for updates!</p>

1. What is the PF App and what does it do?

The PF App is a mobile application available for both iPhone and Android phones. It is a free app that allows you to easily access your PF account, track your workouts, and find nearby PF locations.

2. How do I download the PF App on my phone?

To download the PF App, simply go to the App Store for iPhone or the Google Play Store for Android. Search for "PF App" and click on the download or install button. The app will then be downloaded and installed on your phone.

3. Do I need a PF membership to use the app?

Yes, you will need a PF membership to use the app. You can either sign up for a membership through the app or use your existing membership information to log in.

4. Can I track my workouts with the PF App?

Yes, the PF App has a workout tracker feature that allows you to log your workouts, set goals, and track your progress. You can also sync your workouts with other fitness tracking apps for a more comprehensive view of your fitness journey.

5. Is the PF App available in all countries?

The PF App is currently only available in the United States and Canada. We are working on expanding to other countries in the future, so stay tuned for updates!