How Many Daily Calories Does an Average Adult Male Burn?

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Human
In summary, the average adult male uses up their basal metabolic rate in a day, which can be calculated using online tools such as the one provided by Discovery Health. To get rid of a pound of fat, one would need to use up approximately 3,500 Calories.
Pengwuino
Gold Member
So hwo many calories does the average adult male use up in a day? And no heaving lifting or really tough work but no sitting around at a desk all day or anything. And how many calories would you need to use up to get rid of a pound.

Biology news on Phys.org
The energy needs of a human being doing nothing but staying alive is known as the 'basal metabolic rate.' There are numerous websites on the topic, including calculators like this one which can answer your question:

http://health.discovery.com/tools/calculators/basal/basal.html

A pound of fat is equivalent to about 3,500 Calories.

- Warren

Thanks... i think I am going to chop off my stomach instead of tryen to 'excercise" :D

...Good luck with that.

- Warren

What is the recommended daily calorie intake for humans?

The recommended daily calorie intake for humans varies depending on factors such as age, gender, and activity level. However, on average, adult men are recommended to consume 2,000-3,000 calories per day, while adult women are recommended to consume 1,600-2,400 calories per day.

How many calories do I need to consume to maintain my weight?

The number of calories needed to maintain weight also varies depending on individual factors. However, a general rule is that in order to maintain weight, you should consume the same amount of calories that you burn through daily activities and exercise.

How do I calculate my daily calorie needs?

To calculate your daily calorie needs, you can use the Harris-Benedict equation, which takes into account your age, weight, height, and activity level. There are also many online calculators available that can help you determine your daily calorie needs.

What happens if I consume more calories than I burn?

If you consistently consume more calories than you burn, you will likely gain weight. This is because the excess calories are stored as fat in the body. Over time, this can lead to weight gain and potential health problems.

What happens if I consume fewer calories than I burn?

If you consume fewer calories than you burn, you will likely lose weight. This is because your body will start using stored fat for energy. However, it is important to maintain a balanced and nutritious diet even when trying to lose weight, as severe calorie restriction can lead to health issues.