Finding Feedback Polarity - Step By Step Guide

In summary, increasing the input current (Iin) will cause the output voltage (Vout) to increase. This is because the gate voltage (Vgs) of the transistor (MF) will also increase, leading to a decrease in current through M2 and an increase in current through M1 (MF) and the drain of MF. This increase in current through MF will cause the gate voltage of M1 to increase, which in turn will increase the output voltage to accommodate the extra input current. This process is known as feedback polarity.
amangupta1219

Homework Statement

I have to find the feedback polarity. I proceeded as follows :

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

1. As Iin = iF , increasing Iin will increase iF
2. Now drain current for MF is increasing so Vgs of the transistor should increase
3. That means increasing Iin increase Vout
4. Now as Vout increases the current through RD2 decreases
and all current through RD2 will flow through M2 , this means drain current through M2 is decreasing
5. This will cause gate voltage of M2 to decrease, this will cause current through RD1 to increase which means drain current through M1 increasing which further implies that gate of M1 or drain of MF increasing

Now in short i found that increasing Iin will cause drain voltage of MF to increase

Now my question is how to proceed further ?

Attachments

• Untitled1.png
    Untitled1.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 432
Physics news on Phys.org
amangupta1219 said:

The Attempt at a Solution

1. As Iin = iF , increasing Iin will increase iF
2. Now drain current for MF is increasing so Vgs of the transistor should increase
3. That means increasing Iin increase Vout

V_gs is not controlled by i_d. It's the other way around.

If I_in is increased, the gate of M1 will momentarily rise, doing what to the drain of M1, doing what to the drain of M2, doing what to the current in MF?

I need to revise the concepts ...
can you tell me if Iin increase why gate of M1 will rise ??

amangupta1219 said:
I need to revise the concepts ...
can you tell me if Iin increase why gate of M1 will rise ??

Because, initially, there is insufficient gate voltage to accommodate the extra input current. The drain impedance at constant gate voltage is very high, so high impedance * extra current = sudden jump in gate voltage of M1. The balance is eventually restored by the output voltage rising to fully accommodate the extra input current.

Can we say that if Iin increases then iF will have to increase because gate current is 0 for M1 (always).
Now if above statement is right then how can we relate it to Vds of MF ?
Edit/Delete Message

amangupta1219 said:
Can we say that if Iin increases then iF will have to increase because gate current is 0 for M1 (always).
Now if above statement is right then how can we relate it to Vds of MF ?
Edit/Delete Message

Remeber that an ideal current source such as Iin can generate infinitely high voltages if necessary! Yes, a step increase in Iin has to flow through MF's drain, so the voltage would climb as high as it had to to sink the increased Iin. In practical terms MF would probably break down and carry the current anyway, possibly damaging the MOSFET.

amangupta1219 said:

Yes.

Because, initially, there is insufficient gate voltage to accommodate the extra input current. The drain impedance at constant gate voltage is very high, so high impedance * extra current = sudden jump in gate voltage of M1. The balance is eventually restored by the output voltage rising to fully accommodate the extra input current.
Please explain it in simple English? Or simple terms in electronics.:smile:

1. What is feedback polarity and why is it important?

Feedback polarity refers to whether feedback or comments are positive or negative in nature. It is important because it can help individuals or organizations understand how they are performing and make improvements accordingly.

2. How can I determine the polarity of feedback?

To determine the polarity of feedback, you can use sentiment analysis tools or manually read through the feedback and categorize it as positive, negative, or neutral. It is also important to consider the context and tone of the feedback.

3. What are the steps to finding feedback polarity?

The steps to finding feedback polarity include collecting feedback, organizing it into categories, determining the sentiment of each category, and analyzing the results. You can also use data visualization tools to help with the analysis process.

4. How can I use feedback polarity to improve my performance?

By understanding the polarity of feedback, you can identify areas where you are doing well and continue to do so. You can also use negative feedback to make improvements and address any issues or concerns raised by others.

5. Are there any potential biases when analyzing feedback polarity?

Yes, there are potential biases when analyzing feedback polarity. For example, sentiment analysis tools may not accurately capture the tone or context of the feedback. Also, our own biases and assumptions can influence how we interpret and categorize feedback. It is important to be aware of these potential biases and try to minimize their impact on the analysis process.